netgenNeutralToFoam - Converts neutral file format as written by Netgen v4.4Valid versions:
netgenNeutralToFoam [OPTIONS] FILEMESH
Convert a mesh file FILEMESH created by Netgen v4.4 to foam format.
- Run in parallel
-roots "(DIR1 [...DIRN])"
- Directories in which the data are distributed
- Execute the command on the case directory DIR. If not provided, use the current directory
- Skip the execution of the functionObjects
- Display the help and exit
4 Step by step example
Import a mesh generated by Netgen () to OpenFOAM.
- Export the file from netgen as neutral file.
- Create a new case with foamX: Case Browser -> right click -> Create Case
- Convert the mesh file to openFoam: $ netgenNeutralToFoam <root> <caseName> (Path) <meshFile> example: netgenNeutralToFoam /home/user test /home/user/OpenFOAM/Beispiele/ROHR
- Edit the boundary file and set proper names. That is, change patch by wall, inlet, etc
- In FoamX: Edit the field dictionary and save.
- Before the case is run it is a good idea to view the mesh to check for any errors. The mesh is viewed in paraFoam, the post-processing tool supplied with OpenFOAM. The paraFoam post-processing is started by typing at a command prompt paraFoam <root> <case> This launches the ParaView window.
- The user should immediately click the Accept button which will bring up an image of the case geometry in the image display window.