Sig Numerical Optimization
1 OpenFOAM Numerical Optimization Working Group
The OpenFOAM Numerical Optimization Working Group was initiated at the Ninth OpenFOAM Workshop in Zagreb, June 2014. See the openfoamworkshop.org  for more information about the workshop.
Responsibles: Joel Guerrero, Christian Carestia, Marco Cavazzuti, Krunoslav Šešet and hopefully anyone willing to contribute.
Join the Sig Numerical Optimization linkedin group to be part of the discussions!
If you want to contribute but do not know what to do, feel free to drop a message in our Sig Numerical Optimization linkedin group
Short personal presentations of the people in the group (add a presentation of yourself!)
Since the very first moment I started to work on optimization and numerical simulations, two curses were cast on me:
The curse of meshing and the curse of dimensionality.
And now by association, you all have been cursed.
- Identify common areas of interest in numerical optimization using OpenFOAM;
- Share knowledge and experience and discussing issues related to the field of numerical optimization;
- Provide tutorials involving academic and industrial cases where numerical optimization has been applied successfully;
- Develop best practice guidelines in numerical optimization;
- Research & develop new methods, applied elsewhere, which could be integrated in the OpenFOAM workflow;
- Connect people with the same interest in the numerical optimization field;
- Organize events, workshops and collaborations.
Detailed written tutorials should be added to the 'tutorial' workspace below.
An SVN repository will be added soon where source files and tutorials will be located