Installation/Linux/OpenFOAM-1.7.1/CentOS SL RHEL
This page is dedicated to explaining how to install OpenFOAM in:
- Community ENTerprise Operating System, aka CentOS.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux, aka RHEL.
- Scientific Linux, aka SL.
In theory, all of the above follow the same versioning. Therefore, at the time this page was first written, RHEL, CentOS and SL were all at version 6.3.
Last but not least, RHEL uses Fedora as their bleeding edge Linux Distribution, where they test new features. This leads to very close similarities between them, e.g. RHEL 6.3 is very similar to Fedora 14; which means that whatever you can build on Fedora 14, you should also be able to build on RHEL 6.3!
If you do not yet feel comfortable using Linux, then perhaps you better first read the page Working with the Shell and train a bit with the shell/terminal environments, so you can have a better perception of the steps shown below.
2 Copy-Paste steps
A few notes before you start copy-pasting:
- Lines that start with # don't have to be copy-pasted. They are just comments to let you know what's going on.
- One wrong character is enough for breaking this guide, so make sure you can read the characters properly or that the installed language system does not break the copied characters!
2.1 RHEL 5.5
Currently there is none here on this wiki page, but you can find a very good outside page here: How to install OpenFOAM 1.7.1 on RHEL HPC 5.5