- Latest OpenFOAM version: 4.1 (13th of October 2016)
- Latest Foam-Extend version: 4.0 (22nd of December 2016)
- Latest OpenFOAM+ version: v1612+ (23rd December 2016)
- OpenFOAM Release Notes: 4.1 | 4.0 | 3.0.1 | 3.0.0 | 2.4.0 | 2.3.1 | 2.3.0 | 2.2.2 | 2.2.1 | 2.2.0 | 2.1.1 | 2.1.0 | 2.0.1 | 2.0.0 | 1.7.1 | 1.7.0 | 1.6 | 1.5 | 1.4.1 | 1.4 | 1.3 | 1.2 | 1.1 | 1.0
- Foam-extend Release Notes: 4.0 | 3.2 | 3.1 | 3.0
- OpenFOAM+ Release Notes: v1612+ | v1606+ | v3.0+
This Wiki collects information about the OpenSource CFD toolbox OpenFOAM and provides a platform for collaborations
- Events/PFAU 14 Austrian User Meeting (Start 6 July 2017, End 6 July 2017, Location Address: 8010 Graz, Inffeldgasse 21a Room: IMEG 140)
- Events/12th International OpenFOAM Workshop (Start 24 July 2017, End 27 July 2017, Location University of Exeter, Great Britain, Europe, Website http://openfoamworkshop.org/)
If you want to add an event go to this form
There is a number of different flavours of OpenFOAM that are all based on the original FOAM-code. They are listed here in the order they were added to this page.
3.1 OpenFOAM (Foundation)
OpenFOAM by the OpenFOAM foundation
OpenFOAM+ by the ESI-OpenCFD
- Foundation and Advanced courses provided by OpenCFD and SGI.
- Essential and Applied courses provided by CFD Direct.
- Introductory and Advanced courses provided by Wikki and Gompute.
- User and Programming courses provided by Icon.
- Beginner, Advanced & Paraview training provided by move-csc.
- University courses for Industry at Chalmers Professional Education.
- Beginner, Advanced online training  provided by CadCae.
- Summary of Training Material for and around OpenFOAM (including list of meshing tools, Paraview hints, etc., see category '3_EulerianModels') provided by the NanoSim consortium.
- Screencasts and training material provided by TU Graz.
- Video tutorials on YouTube by József Nagy
- Wiki | Moving frame example | more
- Other | OS-CFD course
- OpenFOAM A Little User Manual by Gerhard Holzinger (links to OSCCAR-doc, an effort driven by PFM in Linz, Austria)
- OpenFOAM Basic Training by Institute of Chemical Engineering, TU Wien
- In case you want to record tutorials (i.e., screencasts), you can use the recordmydesktop software.
4.3 Unofficial User Guides
- Interface Guide Reference guide for all terms in the OpenFOAM text files.
- Main OFSolvers Overview and description of each solver.
- Wikipedia article | more
- Download | Download foam-extend | On Windows
- FAQ (long version) | Known bugs
5.1 Tips and Tricks
5.2 Other Tools
5.3 Tools on this Wiki
- Coding style and conventions
- The Sourceforge OpenFOAM-extend project provides
- Sources for foam-extend a community driven distribution with additional features
- a subversion repository for collaborative development
- Installation notes
- How to contribute
7 The page of the hour
This page was selected randomly from 16 selected articles:
OLAFOAM is a new numerical model from the creator and developer of IHFOAM. Branched from IHFOAM, this free and open source project is committed to bringing the latest advances in the simulation of wave dynamics to the OpenFOAM and FOAM-extend communities.
OLAFOAM is a set of solvers and boundary conditions to generate and absorb water waves actively at the boundaries and to simulate their interaction with porous coastal structures.
The main scope of these modelling tools is coastal, marine, hydraulic and offshore engineering.
If you think an article is worth featuring see this article
9.2 Active sites
9.3 Commercial Companies
- CFD support
- blueCAPE Lda
- DHCAE Tools
- CFD Direct
Date: 2017/07/06 Location: Address: 8010 Graz, Inffeldgasse 21a Room: IMEG 140
The OpenFOAM User Meeting v. 14 will take place at the Virtual Vehicle in Graz. All Foamers or anyone who is interested are welcome. If you want to participate or need further information please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Start of Event||2017/07/06|
|End of Event||2017/07/06|
|Location|| Address: 8010 Graz, Inffeldgasse 21a
Room: IMEG 140
Date: 2017/07/24 Location: University of Exeter, Great Britain, Europe
The Workshop Committee would like to invite you to the 12th International OpenFOAM® Workshop to be held at University of Exeter, Great Britain, Europe, from July 24-July 27, 2017.
|Start of Event||2017/07/24|
|End of Event||2017/07/27|
|Location||University of Exeter, Great Britain, Europe|
See the full article for details
Date: 2016/10/12 Location: Cologne, Germany
--Bgschaid (talk) 15:04, 22 October 2016 (CEST)
The next version of PFAU will take place in Linz, in the "Wissensturm" (close to the Main Station), on Tuesday, March 15th, 2016. The meeting starts at 1.00 p.m.
For details go to: PFAU_XII_Austrian_User_Meeting
Date: 2016/03/15 Location: Linz, Wissensturm (Stadtbibliothek).
26 November, 2015 in Leoben, Austria
The OpenFOAM User Meeting v. 11 in Leoben is scheduled for Thursday, November 26, 2015 (9.30 a.m. - 16.30 p.m.)
It will take place at this address:
Chair for Modelling and Simulation of Metallurgical Processes Department of Metallurgy Metallurgiegebäude 3.OG Seminarraum 325 University of Leoben Franz-Josef Strasse 18 8700 Leoben Austria
See full article for a map with directions
If you want to add a news item go to this form