WM_NCOMPPROCS and full optimization
You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reasons:
- The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Users.
- You must confirm your email address before editing pages. Please set and validate your email address through your user preferences.
- Your username or IP address has been blocked.
The block was made by DNSBL.
The reason given is Your IP address is listed as an open proxy in the DNSBL used by OpenFOAMWiki..
- Start of block: 02:29, 20 April 2021
- Expiry of block: 02:29, 20 April 2021
- Intended blockee: 22.214.171.124
You can view and copy the source of this page:
Nice! I already knew that CLang provides a better warning/error messages, as well as helping find some issues without the need of some other lint software, but I had no idea that it tried to optimize the output from bison et al!
OK, I'll update the note with this in mind.
The problem is that optimizing the parser for swak is futile: the time spent doing the actual parsing is small compard to the actual "OF-work": calculations on the fields. That's why I added the special optimiziation switch for the parsers.
PS: and this "tries to optimize goto-stained code" is only a theory (I haven't looked at the source. But its behaviour - certain CLang versions freeze a 8 Gig machine when compiling FieldParser with O3 - make me pretty sure that this is the case)