Discussions about enhancements of the Wiki
I was wondering about the organization of the wiki. What about using namespaces for each OpenFOAM version? This would allow the creation of a sort of a subwiki for each version that could work, without relations with the other version pages, as a reference for that particular version.
This way it would be possible to have same-titled pages but for different namespaces, somehow freezing a common structure for them.
Don't know if you already discussed about that.
Actually we already have categories for each version, which allows cross-referencing other versions if needed, e.g.: Category:OpenFOAM_Version_3.0.x - each category page does act as a wiki page.
What I mean is that we already have a very hard-time maintaining the existing content. Creating dedicated namespaces for each version would only make sense up to a point, for example, for keeping documentation on how to go from version A to version B. And still, that should be stored inside something like what we have for OpenFOAM_guide.
That said, if you already have a set of wiki pages that can be used as an example of the structure you have in mind, it will likely make it easier to see what you mean.
You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reasons:
- The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Users.
- You must confirm your email address before editing pages. Please set and validate your email address through your user preferences.
- Your username or IP address has been blocked.
The block was made by DNSBL.
The reason given is Your IP address is listed as an open proxy in the DNSBL used by OpenFOAMWiki..
- Start of block: 23:39, 16 November 2019
- Expiry of block: 23:39, 16 November 2019
- Intended blockee: 184.108.40.206
You can view and copy the source of this page: