collapseEdges - Collapse short edges and combines edges that are in line.
collapseEdges [OPTIONS] EDGE_LENGTH MERGE_ANGLE
- Collapse edges smaller than EDGE_LENGTH given in meter
- Merge edges that are in line: angle < MERGE_ANGLE given in degrees.
- Remove unused points.
Cannot remove cells. Can remove faces and points but does not check for nonsense resulting topology.
When collapsing an edge with one point on the boundary it will leave the boundary point intact. When both points inside it chooses random. When both points on boundary random again.
Note: it should in fact use features where if one point is on a feature it collapses to that one. Alas we don't have features on a polyMesh.
- Overwrite the existing mesh files
- Execute the command on the case directory DIR. If not provided, use the current directory
- Skip the execution of the functionObjects
- Display the help and exit
This utility is used in the following tutorials: