combinePatchFaces - Checks for multiple patch faces on same cell and combines them. These result from e.g. refined neighbouring cells getting removed, leaving 4 exposed faces with same owner.
combinePatchFaces [OPTIONS] FEATURE_ANGLE
Checks for multiple patch faces on same cell and combines them. These result from e.g. refined neighbouring cells getting removed, leaving 4 exposed faces with same owner.
Rules for merging:
- only boundary faces (since multiple internal faces between two cells not allowed anyway)
- faces have to have same owner
- faces have to be connected via edge which are not features (so angle between them < FEATURE_ANGLE given in degrees [0-180])
- outside of faces has to be single loop
- outside of face should not be (or just slightly) concave (so angle between consecutive edges < concaveAngle)
E.g. to allow all faces on same patch to be merged:
combinePatchFaces 180 -concaveAngle 90
- Specify concave ANGLE [0..180] (default: 30 degrees)
- Use system/snapMeshDict
- Overwrite the existing mesh files
- Run the utility in parallel
-roots "(DIR1 [...DIRN])"
- Directories through which the data are distributed
- Execute the command on the case directory DIR. If not provided, use the current directory
- Skip the execution of the functionObjects
- Display the help and exit