1 Solvers that fit into the OpenFOAM classification
These solvers fit into the classification, that is given by the directory structure of the solver-sources.
- potentialWaveFoam: A one-line solver that solves a wave equation, fvm::d2dt2(phi) == c * c * fvc::laplacian(phi).
- reactingFoam: Adding ignition to reactingFoam.
- alternateReactingFoam: A library and a solver based on it that allow the usage of different chemistry engines for reacting flows
- edcPisoFoam: A specialised application for turbulent combustion modelling (non-premixed and premixed) based on the OpenFOAM® technology.
1.4 DNS and LES
- PisoFoamSSD: A Low-Dissipative, Scale-Selective Discretization for PisoFOAM
- EHDFoam: A Numerical Model to simulate the multiphase flow in the electrostatic field, based on the Taylor-Melcher Leaky Dielectric Model
1.7 Heat transfer
- boussinesqBuoyantSimpleFoam: Incompressible thermal flow solver under Boussinesq approximation
- massBuoyantBoussinesqSimpleFoam: Steady-state solver for buoyant, turbulent, incompressible flows with vapor and contaminant scalar transport for HVAC and similar applications
- simpleScalarFoam: Steady-state incompressible laminar flow solver with scalar transport and mass transfer coefficient and Sherwood number calculation
- turbScalarFoam: Unsteady incompressible laminar flow solver with scalar transport and mass transfer coefficient and Sherwood number calculation
- icoBlockedCellFoam: Unsteady incompressible laminar flow solver with the possibility to exclude definite FV cells from the flow calculations
- icoDyMFoam: Unsteady incompressible laminar flow solver with the dynamically refined mesh according to the transported scalar distribution
- SbmFoam: A suspension balance solver developed during a PhD for rigid spheres in fluid flows. It accounts for particles migration phenomenon (as a continuum approach).
Solvers for two or more interacting liquids
- compressibleMixingPhaseChangeFoam: Solver for two-phase flow of liquids with inter-phase mass change, buoyancy, temperature and pressure dependence for density
- RichardsFOAM: A solver for water flow in unsaturated porous media.
These solvers don't fit into the standard scheme.
2.1 Turbulence Modeling
- turbFoamAverage with k-omega SST SAS: Includes the k- SST-SAS Equations and a modified version of turbFoam for this turbulence model.
2.2 Technology Demos
Solvers that demonstrate concepts, but haven't got a fully implemented physics.
- icoLagrangianFoam: Incompressible solver with particles. Demonstrates the use of Lagrangian-particles outside the dieselFoam solver
- icoStructFoam: Fluid-Structure interaction. Demonstrates the use of two coupled solvers and mesh motion
- interTrackFoam: Tracks a moving interface with a moving mesh, so that the mesh boundary remains coincident with the interface.
- solidParticleFoam: A minimalistic code and case set-up as an example of how to use the solidParticleCloud class.
Note to editors: Use the solver name as the page name, when adding a new solver to this page, but prepend custom in order to avoid name clashes