mergeOrSplitBaffles - Detects faces that share points (baffles). Either merge them or duplicate the points.
Detects faces that share points (baffles). Either merge them or duplicate the points.
- Find baffles only, but do not merge or split them
- Topologically split duplicate surfaces
- Overwrite the existing mesh files
- Run the utility in parallel
-roots "(DIR1 [...DIRN])"
- Directories through which the data are distributed
- Specify a mesh region by its NAME
- Execute the command on the case directory DIR. If not provided, use the current directory
- Skip the execution of the functionObjects
- Display the help and exit
- Can only handle pairwise boundary faces. So three faces using the same points is not handled (is illegal mesh anyway)
- There is no option to only split/merge some baffles.
- Surfaces consisting of duplicate faces can be topologically split if the points on the interior of the surface cannot walk to all the cells that use them in one go.
- Parallel operation (where duplicate face is perpendicular to a coupled boundary) is supported but not really tested. (Note that coupled faces themselves are not seen as duplicate faces)
This utility is used in the following tutorials: