interpolationTable performs temporal piecewise linear interpolation based on a provided dataset (file) of the variation of a <Type> with respect to time. It also provides a variety of out-of-bounds behaviours.
This class is itself a list of paired elements called a 2-tuple (Tuple2.H) with the format:
- scalar is the time value; and
- Type is the quantity that varies with time.
Out-of-bounds behaviours include:
- ERROR - fail;
- WARN - throw a warning, then CLAMP;
- CLAMP - hold last value; and
- REPEAT - cyclic pattern that repeats.
- operator - retrieve list element - this one is overloaded to accomodate out-of-bounds behaviour; and
- operator() - interpolate - piecewise linear interpolation at given time value (scalar) - returns <Type>.
- check() - internally verifies that the time value is monotonically increasing through the list (if not, fail); and
- write() - writes filename, file contents, and out-of-bounds behaviour to Ostream.
3 used by
Some time varying fvPatchFields.