1 Short description
Moves mesh points in the Z direction so that the bottom and top faces are aligned with provided surfaces,
Needs two inputs:
- lower and
- upper surface file name
The code assumes the following about the original mesh and the surfaces:
- both surfaces have to cover original mesh in the XY-plane - it needs surfaces height Z for XY-position of each mesh point
- internal mesh points keep their relative distance between bottom and top faces - the original relative distance is based on mesh bounding box rather than local faces height. It is good idea to have your original top and bottom faces flat (const Z).
alignMeshSurf . alignMeshTest bottomSurf.stl topSurf.ftr
- take alignMeshTest case mesh for startFrom time,
- align the bottom mesh face with bottomSurf.stl surface and the top mesh face with topSurf.ftr surface
- move internal mesh points vertically and
- write the new mesh for next time step
Original mesh (only a cut) and surfaces of a test case
and the aligned mesh
The tar file with the sources. Works with OpenFOAM 1.3.
And the Test case.
--Rpasiok 18:25, 22 Nov 2006 (CET)