gmshToFoam - Reads .msh file as written by Gmsh
gmshToFoam [OPTIONS] MESHFILE.msh
Convert a mesh file MESHFILE.msh from Gmsh format to foam format.
- Retain the raw orientation for prisms and/or hexahedrons
- Execute the command on the case directory DIR. If omitted, use the current directory
- Specify the mesh region name. If omitted, default region used
- Skip the execution of the functionObjects
- Display the help and exit
The gmshToFoam utility in OpenFOAM-1.6-ext has some problems with preserving defined physical surfaces. Both OpenFOAM-2.1.x and OpenFOAM-1.6-ext versions of gmshToFoam do not preserve internal physical surfaces (needed for some applications). The following tarballs compile as gmshToFoam2 inside the user directory. They have the bugs removed.