Installation/Dakota/CentOS SL RHEL
This page is dedicated to explaining how to install Dakota in:
- Community ENTerprise Operating System, aka CentOS.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux, aka RHEL.
- Scientific Linux, aka SL.
In theory, all of the above follow the same versioning. Therefore, at the time this page was first written, RHEL, CentOS and SL were all at version 6.4.
If you do not yet feel comfortable using Linux, then perhaps you better first read the page Working with the Shell and train a bit with the shell/terminal environments, so you can have a better perception of the steps shown below.
2 Copy-Paste steps
A few notes before you start copy-pasting:
- Lines that start with # don't have to be copy-pasted. They are just comments to let you know what's going on.
- One wrong character is enough for breaking this guide, so make sure you can read the characters properly or that the installed language system does not break the copied characters!
2.1 Dakota 5.3.1 on CentOS 6.4
Instructions are available in this post: Dakota 5.3.1 installation with CentOS 6.4 and OF2.2.x - post #8