Local User Groups / Local User Group Germany
As a result of our first OpenFOAM user meeting in the SOUTH of Germany at the University of Cooperative Education Mosbach on October, 15th, 2008, a few topics were identified which are of general interest. All interested users are invited to join these groups which will meet several times a year to discuss, to write code, etc. For further information send a mail to the contact person.
- Turbulence modelling (contact: Fabian Brännström, f.braennstroem[at]gmx.de)
- Turbo machinery and Flow in rotating systems (contact: Ivana Buntic Ogor, buntic[at]ish.uni-stuttgart.de)
- Fluid-Structure interaction (contact: Uwe Janoske, janoske[at]ba-mosbach.de)
- Mesh handling (moving mesh, mesh generation) (contact: Uwe Janoske, janoske[at]ba-mosbach.de)
- Multiphase flows and rheology (contact: Christian Winkler, winkler[at]imvt.uni-stuttgart.de)
- Optimization (contact: Michael Böhm, michael.boehm[at]fe-design.de)
INVITATION TO NEXT MEETING:
Dear southbound FOAMers,
the next OpenFOAM-"Stammtisch" in southern germany will take place at the High Performance Computing Center Stuttgart (HLRS)/University of Stuttgart.
The meeting will be: January 16th, 2009, 2:00 pm "Großer Seminarraum Allmandring 30" http://www.hlrs.de/organization/img/hlrs-lageplan.pdf
Preliminary list of topics (not complete):
- Future activities of the user group
- Details on the Turbulence SIG (Fabian Braennstroem)
- FSI in OpenFOAM, moving mesh functionality (Hauke Gregor, Uwe Janoske)
- an interactive snappyHexMesh session (Christian Winkler)
The meeting will be interactive and very informal, there is no strict agenda. So you might want to bring your laptop for some coding ....
If you are interested and plan to attend, please send me a mail as soon as possible: email@example.com
Best regards from Stuttgart Christian
As a result of our first OpenFOAM user meeting in the NORTH of Germany at the University of Rostock on November, 5th, 2008, a few topics were identified which are of general interest. All interested users are invited to join these groups which will meet several times a year to discuss, to write code, etc. For further information send a mail to the contact person.
- Turbulence- / wallmodelling/LES/boundary conditions (contact: Nikolai Kornev, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- ship hydrodynamics / 6 DOF/ movingMesh / free surface flow / cavitation (contact: Daniel Schmode, email@example.com)
- reacting flow / combustion (contact: Hannes Kröger, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- heat transfer / optimization (contact: Johann Turnow, email@example.com)
Furthermore general interest in mesh generation and FSI is underlined. For more information write an email to Johann Turnow (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The next meeting will be in January/February 2009. Details will be published in the OpenFOAM WIKI and the OpenFOAM Message Board.