Import a mesh generated by Netgen () to OpenFOAM.
1. export the file from netgen as neutral file
2. create a new case with foamX: Case Browser -> right click -> Create Case
3. Convert the mesh file to openFoam: $ netgenNeutralToFoam <root> <caseName> (Path) <meshFile>
example: netgenNeutralToFoam /home/user test /home/user/OpenFOAM/Beispiele/ROHR
4. Edit the boundary file and set proper names. That is, change patch by wall, inlet, etc
5. In FoamX: Edit the field dictionary and save.
6. Before the case is run it is a good idea to view the mesh to check for any errors. The mesh is viewed in paraFoam, the post-processing tool supplied with OpenFOAM. The paraFoam post-processing is started by typing at a command prompt paraFoam <root> <case> This launches the ParaView window
7. The user should immediately click the Accept button which will bring up an image of the case geometry in the image display window.