SIG Nuclear / Publications
Revision as of 12:37, 20 August 2014 by Carlo.fiorina
Here you can add links (or references) to publications with OpenFOAM for nuclear applications.
-  J. Cai, T. Watanabe. Numerical Simulation of Thermal Stratification in Cold Legs by Using OpenFOAM. Progress in NUCLEAR SCIENCE and TECHNOLOGY, Vol. 2, pp.107-113 (2011).
-  B. Mikuz et al. OpenFOAM simulations of the Turbulent Flow in a Rod Bundle with Mixing Vanes. Proceedings of the 21st International Conference Nuclear Energy for New Europe, Ljubljana, 2012.
-  A. Sakowitz et al. Effects of velocity ratio and inflow pulsations on the flow in a T-junction by Large Eddy Simulation. Annals of Nuclear Energy, Vol. 68, pp. 247–256 (2013).
-  H. Wilkening, L. Ammirabile. Simulation of helium release in the Battelle Model Containment facility using OpenFOAM. Nuclear Engineering and Design, Vol. 265, pp. 402– 410 (2013).
-  M. Aufiero et al. Calculating the effective delayed neutron fraction in the Molten Salt Fast Reactor: Analytical, deterministic and Monte Carlo approaches. Annals of Nuclear Energy, Vol. 65, pp. 78–90 (2014).
-  K. Jareteg et al. Fine-mesh deterministic modeling of PWR fuel assemblies: Proof-of-principle of coupled neutronic/thermal–hydraulic calculations. Annals of Nuclear Energy, Vol. 68, pp. 247–256 (2014).
-  G. Harikrishnan et al. CFD Simulation of Subcooled Flow Boiling using OpenFOAM. International Journal of Current Engineering and Technology, Special Issue-2, pp. 441-447 (2014).
-  C. Tian et al. Numerical Simulation of Plume Motions for Cooling Tower in an Inland Nuclear Power Plant. Proceedings of the 2014 3rd International Conference on Informatics, Environment, Energy and Applications IPCBEE vol. 66 (2014).
-  C. Fiorina et al. A time-dependent solver for coupled neutron-transport thermal-mechanics calculations and application to the simulation of the Godiva prompt-critical bursts. Proceedings of the 2014 22th International Conference on Nuclear Engineering ICONE22. July 7-11, 2014, Prague, Czech Republic.
-  Authors. Title. Journal/Proceedings.
-  E. Mas de les Valls, L. Batet. OpenFOAM capabilities for MHD simulation under nuclear fusion technology conditions, presented at the 3rd OpenFOAM Workshop in Milan, July 2008.
-  J. Peltola et al. Adaptation and validation of OpenFOAM® CFD-solvers for nuclear safety related flow simulations, presented at the SAFIR2010 Seminar, Espoo, March 2011.
-  K. Jareteg. Coupled calculations in OpenFOAM - Multiphysics handling, structures and solvers, presented at the Gothenburg Region OpenFOAM User Group Meeting, November 2012.
-  K. Jareteg. Multiphysics simulations of Light Water Reactors using OpenFOAM, presented at the 9th OpenFOAM Workshop in Zagreb, June 2014.
-  I. Clifford et al. A Hierarchical Multi-scale Approach to Modelling Heat Conduction in Prismatic HTGRs using OpenFOAM , presented at the 9th OpenFOAM Workshop in Zagreb, June 2014.
-  J. Herb. Coupling of OpenFOAM with Thermo-Hydraulic Simulation Code ATHLET, presented at the 9th OpenFOAM Workshop in Zagreb, June 2014.
-  C. Fiorina et al. Development plans and first steps for a multi-physics platform for nuclear reactor analysis, presented at the 9th OpenFOAM Workshop in Zagreb, June 2014.
-  E. Michta. Modeling of Subcooled Nucleate Boiling with OpenFOAM. KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm. February 2011.
-  T. Bakx. Testing a Nuclear Pebble-Bed Reactor Model in OpenFOAM. Delft University of Technology. August 2011.
-  R. Pegonen. Investigation of Thermal Mixing Using OpenFOAM. KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm. June 2012.
-  F. A. Ettner. Efficient numerical simulation of the deflagration-to-detonation transition. Technische Universität München. October 2012.
-  A. Alali. Development and validation of new solver based on the interfacial area transport equation for the numerical simulation of sub-cooled boiling with OpenFOAM CFD code for nuclear safety applications. Technische Universität München. August 2013.
-  Authors. Title. University. Month 20xx.
Back to Sig Nuclear