SIG Nuclear / Publications
Revision as of 10:46, 22 September 2014 by Jherb
Here you can add links (or references) to publications with OpenFOAM for nuclear applications.
-  I. Clifford and H. Jasak. Application of Multi-Physics Methods to Spatial Reactor Dynamics. 2009 International Conference on Advances in Mathematics, Computational Methods, and Reactor Physics (M&C), Saratoga Springs, NY, USA. May 3-7 2009.
-  I. Clifford and K. Ivanov. PBMR 400MW Benchmark Calculations Using the Simplified P3 Approach. Proceedings of HTR 2010, Prague, Czech Republic, October 18-20. 2010.
-  J. Cai, T. Watanabe. Numerical Simulation of Thermal Stratification in Cold Legs by Using OpenFOAM. Progress in NUCLEAR SCIENCE and TECHNOLOGY, Vol. 2, pp.107-113 (2011).
-  I. Clifford, K. Ivanov and M. Avramova. A General Coarse and Fine Mesh Solution Scheme for Fluid Flow Modelling in VHTRs. International Conference on Mathematics and Computational Methods Applied to Nuclear Science and Engineering (M&C 2011), Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, May 8-12. 2011.
-  B. Mikuz et al. OpenFOAM simulations of the Turbulent Flow in a Rod Bundle with Mixing Vanes. Proceedings of the 21st International Conference Nuclear Energy for New Europe, Ljubljana, 2012.
-  I. Clifford, K. Ivanov and M. Avramova. A Multiscale Homogenization and Reconstruction Approach for Solid Material Temperature Calculations in the MHTGR Core. Proceedings of the HTR 2012, Tokyo, Japan, October 28 – November 1. 2012.
-  A. Sakowitz et al. Effects of velocity ratio and inflow pulsations on the flow in a T-junction by Large Eddy Simulation. Annals of Nuclear Energy, Vol. 68, pp. 247–256 (2013).
-  H. Wilkening, L. Ammirabile. Simulation of helium release in the Battelle Model Containment facility using OpenFOAM. Nuclear Engineering and Design, Vol. 265, pp. 402–410 (2013).
-  I. Clifford, K. Ivanov and M. Avramova. A multi-scale homogenization and reconstruction approach for solid material temperature calculations in prismatic high temperature reactor cores. Nuclear Engineering and Design, Vol. 256, pp. 1–13, 2013.
-  M. Aufiero et al. Calculating the effective delayed neutron fraction in the Molten Salt Fast Reactor: Analytical, deterministic and Monte Carlo approaches. Annals of Nuclear Energy, Vol. 65, pp. 78–90 (2014).
-  K. Jareteg et al. Fine-mesh deterministic modeling of PWR fuel assemblies: Proof-of-principle of coupled neutronic/thermal–hydraulic calculations. Annals of Nuclear Energy, Vol. 68, pp. 247–256 (2014).
-  G. Harikrishnan et al. CFD Simulation of Subcooled Flow Boiling using OpenFOAM. International Journal of Current Engineering and Technology, Special Issue-2, pp. 441-447 (2014).
-  C. Tian et al. Numerical Simulation of Plume Motions for Cooling Tower in an Inland Nuclear Power Plant. Proceedings of the 2014 3rd International Conference on Informatics, Environment, Energy and Applications IPCBEE vol. 66 (2014).
-  C. Fiorina et al. A time-dependent solver for coupled neutron-transport thermal-mechanics calculations and application to the simulation of the Godiva prompt-critical bursts. Proceedings of the 2014 22th International Conference on Nuclear Engineering ICONE22. July 7-11, 2014, Prague, Czech Republic.
-  M.S. Loginov et al. Towards the efficient turbulence closure for mixing phenomena in the core outlet of a nuclear reactor. Nuclear Engineering and Design, Vol. 278, pp. 472-480, 2014.
-  Authors. Title. Journal/Proceedings.
-  E. Mas de les Valls, L. Batet. OpenFOAM capabilities for MHD simulation under nuclear fusion technology conditions, presented at the 3rd OpenFOAM Workshop in Milan, July 2008.
-  I. Clifford. The OpenFOAM Framework as a Tool for Pebble-Bed Multi-Physics Analysis. PHYSOR 2010 Workshop on Reactor Physics and Design of Next Build Reactors, May 14. 2010.
-  J. Peltola et al. Adaptation and validation of OpenFOAM® CFD-solvers for nuclear safety related flow simulations, presented at the SAFIR2010 Seminar, Espoo, March 2011.
-  I. Clifford. Multi-Scale Modeling of Very High Temperature Reactor Thermal-Fluids Using OpenFOAM. 6th OpenFOAM Workshop, PennState University, USA. March 2011. 13-16 June, 2011
-  K. Jareteg. Coupled calculations in OpenFOAM - Multiphysics handling, structures and solvers, presented at the Gothenburg Region OpenFOAM User Group Meeting, November 2012.
-  K. Jareteg. Multiphysics simulations of Light Water Reactors using OpenFOAM, presented at the 9th OpenFOAM Workshop in Zagreb, June 2014.
-  I. Clifford et al. A Hierarchical Multi-scale Approach to Modelling Heat Conduction in Prismatic HTGRs using OpenFOAM , presented at the 9th OpenFOAM Workshop in Zagreb, June 2014.
-  J. Herb. Coupling of OpenFOAM with Thermo-Hydraulic Simulation Code ATHLET, presented at the 9th OpenFOAM Workshop in Zagreb, June 2014.
-  C. Fiorina et al. Development plans and first steps for a multi-physics platform for nuclear reactor analysis, presented at the 9th OpenFOAM Workshop in Zagreb, June 2014.
-  I. Clifford. Object-oriented multi-physics applied to spatial reactor dynamics. North West University. November 2007.
-  E. Michta. Modeling of Subcooled Nucleate Boiling with OpenFOAM. KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm. February 2011.
-  T. Bakx. Testing a Nuclear Pebble-Bed Reactor Model in OpenFOAM. Delft University of Technology. August 2011.
-  R. Pegonen. Investigation of Thermal Mixing Using OpenFOAM. KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm. June 2012.
-  F. A. Ettner. Efficient numerical simulation of the deflagration-to-detonation transition. Technische Universität München. October 2012.
-  A. Alali. Development and validation of new solver based on the interfacial area transport equation for the numerical simulation of sub-cooled boiling with OpenFOAM CFD code for nuclear safety applications. Technische Universität München. August 2013.
-  I. Clifford. A hybrid coarse and fine mesh solution method for prismatic high temperature reactor thermal-fluid analysis. The Pennsylvania State University. May 2013.
-  Authors. Title. University. Month 20xx.
Back to Sig Nuclear