SIG Ship Hydrodynamics
1 OpenFOAM Special Interest Group: Ship Hydrodynamics
The OpenFOAM Ship Hydrodynamics Special Interest Group (SIG) was initiated at the Third OpenFOAM Workshop in Milan, Italy, July 2008. See the openfoamworkshop.org  for more information about the workshop.
Join the SIG ShipHydro e-mail list to be part of the discussions!
- Identify developers and users who are interested in ship hydrodynamics and OpenFOAM.
- Develop OpenFOAM for ship hydrodynamics applications, including pre-processing, solution methods, and post-processing.
- Provide tutorials on how to produce accurate results using OpenFOAM in ship hydrodynamics.
- Distribute relevant validation test cases and corresponding OpenFOAM applications. Host V&V mini-workshop on OFW community day.
- Connect people with the same interests.
- Organize meetings, workshops and collaborations.
3 SIG Projects for 2017-2018
- Project A: Develop ship hydro tutorials for the Tutorial Wiki on openfoam.com, https://wiki.openfoam.com/Main_Page
- Wigley hull, calm water resistance (Paterson, Vuko)
- KCS, calm water resistance (Zhang)
- KVLCC, calm water resistance (Vuko, Kim)
- Model 5415, calm water resistance (???)
- KP505 Propeller in open-water design condition (Kim)
- NACA 66 hydrofoil cavitation (Paterson)
- Project B: Establish V&V mini-workshops to be held at annual OFW. Focus will be on collaborative test cases
- Hydrofoil cavitation
- Water entry
4 Work space
- Table of common interests
- Group members Open to everyone!
- Validation test cases
- Best practice guidelines