SIG Ship Hydrodynamics
1 OpenFOAM Special Interest Group: Ship Hydrodynamics
The OpenFOAM Ship Hydrodynamics Special Interest Group (SIG) was initiated at the Third OpenFOAM Workshop in Milan, Italy, July 2008. See the openfoamworkshop.org  for more information about the workshop.
At the 12th OpenFOAM Workshop in Exeter, the SIG was enthusiastically rejuvenated with plans for the upcoming year in preparation of OFW13 in Shanghai China.
Join the SIG ShipHydro e-mail list to be part of the discussions!
- Identify developers and users who are interested in ship hydrodynamics and OpenFOAM.
- Develop OpenFOAM for ship hydrodynamics applications, including pre-processing, solution methods, and post-processing.
- Provide tutorials on how to produce accurate results using OpenFOAM in ship hydrodynamics.
- Distribute relevant validation test cases and corresponding OpenFOAM applications. Host V&V mini-workshop on OFW community day.
- Connect people with the same interests.
- Organize meetings, workshops and collaborations.
3 SIG Projects for 2017-2018
- Project A: Develop ship hydro tutorials for the Tutorial Wiki on openfoam.com, https://wiki.openfoam.com/Main_Page
- Wigley hull, calm water resistance (Paterson, Vuko)
- KCS, calm water resistance (Zhang)
- KVLCC, calm water resistance (Vuko, Kim)
- Model 5415, calm water resistance (???)
- KP505 Propeller in open-water design condition (Kim)
- NACA 66 hydrofoil cavitation (Paterson)
- Project B: Establish V&V mini-workshops to be held at annual OFW. Focus will be on collaborative test cases
- Hydrofoil cavitation : announcement of conditions and other details coming soon (1 September 2017)
- Water entry / DYNAMIC OVERSET: announcement of conditions and other details coming soon (1 September 2017)