Quoting from the openFuelCell project page:
- The openFuelCell project is a forum to develop open source computational fluid dynamics (CFD) software to model fuel cells. Fuel cells http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_cell are devices that convert hydrogen and oxygen to water and electricity, and are promising renewable energy conversion devices. Computational fluid dynamics tools are used to size and rate fuel cell systems. OpenFoam is an open source CFD toolbox, available for downloading at http://www.openfoam.com/, written in C++ and conforming to the object-oriented paradigm.
- Note (30 October 2016)
- Development seems to be ongoing, as reported in the following entries:
- openFuelCell: A Generic Open Source Fuel Cell Model - Invited Talk at Institut für Verbrennung und Gasdynamik, Lehrstuhl Fluiddynamik, Duisburg, Germany, 16 Mar 2016
- Update on open Fuel Cell code - International Energy Agency Advanced Fuel Cell Implementing Agreement (Annex 37 Meeting ), Grenoble, France, 21 Jun 2016 - 21 Jun 2016
- But there is no clear indication of where the source code is currently available.
Instructions are available in two pages:
Full documentation available here: Documentation
4 Discussion threads
Here is a list of known discussion threads regarding this toolkit:
- 17:02, 30 October 2016 (CET): Added note to the description about the current location and development of the source code.
- 21:15, 5 April 2014 (CEST): Kicked off this page, since it was nowhere to be found on the wiki.