User account creation has been modified due to excessive user creation by spambots. To create a user you have to provide an Email-adress to which a confirmation mail will be sent. The account will be approved by a human (this may take a couple of days, sorry). If you don't get a confirmation mail or an account approvement, please contact me here
This Wiki collects information about the OpenSource CFD toolbox OpenFOAM and provides a platform for collaborations
Future events in the OpenFOAM-World (drag timeline - for a complete timeline go to AllEventsTimeline):
18 November, 2013 in Leoben, Austria
The OpenFOAM User Meeting 7.0 in Leoben is scheduled for Monday, November 18, 2013 (10 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
It will take place at this address:
Chair for Modelling and Simulation
of Metallurgical Processes
Department of Metallurgy
University of Leoben
Franz-Josef Strasse 18
8700 Leoben Austria
See full article for a map with directions
For participation please contact Alexander Vakhrushev.
Please feel free to suggest your topics to present.
The OpenFOAM Foundation released version 2.2.2 of OpenFOAM.
To help people add things to the front page of the Wiki two new things have been added
- "Subpages" for "Learn" and "Link" that can be edited by everyone
- Forms for News-items and Events
Location: Leoben, Austria
18:50, 10 September 2013 (CEST)
The software of the Wiki has been updated to the latest version. Operations should be as normal except for these new features:
- User account creation has been modified due to excessive user creation by spambots. To create a user you have to provide an Email-adress to which a confirmation mail will be sent. The account will be approved by a human (this may take a couple of days, sorry). If you don't get a confirmation mail or an account approvement, please contact me
- The Talk-pages (like the one about the main page here) now have the possibility to have threaded discussions. For for instructions click here. Threads also can be added to regular pages. This is in no way meant to replace MessageBoard but should allow people to discuss the content of the Wiki-page in question or the software on that page.
- The Twitter-widget currently does not work (presumably due to an API-change by Twitter). This is not considered a feature and is being worked on.
Should you have any problems please contact me on the message board in this thread.
--Bgschaid (talk) 14:50, 19 July 2013 (CEST)
Finally the repositories of the OpenFOAM-extend project are fully operational again.
The cause of the interuption of service there was that ANSYS objected to six files in the OpenFOAM 1.6-ext versions which they claim that they touch their intellectual property and shut down the repositories with a DMCA-notice (as a collateral damage a number of other projects was hurt). Until this matter is resolved the files are removed from the 1.6-ext (they are not essential) and all repositories carrying it.
For details see: this post on the message boardView older news
RSS with these news-items
If you want to add a news item go to this form
| Channel with news about the Wiki itself