- Latest OpenFOAM version: 4.1 (13th of October 2016)
- Latest Foam-Extend version: 3.2 (18th of September 2015)
- Latest OpenFOAM+ version: v1606+ (30th June 2016)
- OpenFOAM Release notes: 4.1 | 4.0 | 3.0.1 | 3.0.0 | 2.4.0 | 2.3.1 | 2.3.0 | 2.2.2 | 2.2.1 | 2.2.0 | 2.1.1 | 2.1.0 | 2.0.1 | 2.0.0 | 1.7.1 | 1.7.0 | 1.6 | 1.5 | 1.4.1 | 1.4 | 1.3 | 1.2 | 1.1 | 1.0
- Foam-extend Release notes: 3.2 3.1 3.0
- OpenFOAM+ Release Notes v1606+ v3.0+
This Wiki collects information about the OpenSource CFD toolbox OpenFOAM and provides a platform for collaborations
There is a number of different flavours of OpenFOAM that are all based on the original FOAM-code. They are listed here in the order they were added to this page.
3.1 OpenFOAM (Foundation)
OpenFOAM by the OpenFOAM foundation
OpenFOAM+ by the ESI-OpenCFD
- Foundation and Advanced courses provided by OpenCFD and SGI.
- Essential and Applied courses provided by CFD Direct.
- Introductory and Advanced courses provided by Wikki and Gompute.
- User and Programming courses provided by Icon.
- Beginner, Advanced & Paraview training provided by move-csc.
- University courses for Industry at Chalmers Professional Education.
- Beginner, Advanced online training  provided by CadCae.
- Summary of Training Material for and around OpenFOAM (including list of meshing tools, Paraview hints, etc., see category '3_EulerianModels') provided by the NanoSim consortium.
- Screencasts and training material provided by TU Graz.
- Video tutorials on YouTube by József Nagy
- Wiki | Moving frame example | more
- Other | OS-CFD course
- OpenFOAM A Little User Manual by Gerhard Holzinger (links to OSCCAR-doc, an effort driven by PFM in Linz, Austria)
- OpenFOAM Basic Training by Institute of Chemical Engineering, TU Wien
- In case you want to record tutorials (i.e., screencasts), you can use the recordmydesktop software.
4.3 Unofficial User Guides
- Interface Guide Reference guide for all terms in the OpenFOAM text files.
- Main OFSolvers Overview and description of each solver.
- Wikipedia article | more
- Download | Download foam-extend | On Windows
- FAQ (long version) | Known bugs
5.1 Tips and Tricks
5.2 Other Tools
5.3 Tools on this Wiki
- Coding style and conventions
- The Sourceforge OpenFOAM-extend project provides
- Sources for foam-extend a community driven distribution with additional features
- a subversion repository for collaborative development
- Installation notes
- How to contribute
7 The page of the hour
This page was selected randomly from 16 selected articles:
The library waves2Foam is a toolbox used to generate and absorb free surface water waves. Currently the method applies the relaxation zone technique (active sponge layers) and a large range of wave theories are supported and the relaxation zones can take arbitrary shapes.
The library also comes with pre- and postprocessing utilities tailored for use for free surface flows within the fields of coastal, marine and maritime engineering.
--NGJ 20:10, 04 December 2011 (CET)
If you think an article is worth featuring see this article
9.2 Active sites
9.3 Commercial Companies
- ICE Stroemungsforschung
- CFD support
- blueCAPE Lda
- DHCAE Tools
- CFD Direct
See the full article for details
Date: 2016/10/12 Location: Cologne, Germany
--Bgschaid (talk) 15:04, 22 October 2016 (CEST)
The next version of PFAU will take place in Linz, in the "Wissensturm" (close to the Main Station), on Tuesday, March 15th, 2016. The meeting starts at 1.00 p.m.
For details go to: PFAU_XII_Austrian_User_Meeting
Date: 2016/03/15 Location: Linz, Wissensturm (Stadtbibliothek).
26 November, 2015 in Leoben, Austria
The OpenFOAM User Meeting v. 11 in Leoben is scheduled for Thursday, November 26, 2015 (9.30 a.m. - 16.30 p.m.)
It will take place at this address:
Chair for Modelling and Simulation of Metallurgical Processes Department of Metallurgy Metallurgiegebäude 3.OG Seminarraum 325 University of Leoben Franz-Josef Strasse 18 8700 Leoben Austria
See full article for a map with directions
Foam-extend-3.2 is now released !
It is our pleasure to announce the release of the foam-extend-3.2 code.
The code is available here: http://sourceforge.net/p/openfoam-extend/foam-extend-3.1/ci/v3.2/tree/
Descriptions are available here: http://sourceforge.net/p/openfoam-extend/wiki/Home/
A simpler URL brings also brings you directly to the foam-extend-project: http://foam-extend.org/
The release notes are available here: http://sourceforge.net/p/openfoam-extend/foam-extend-3.1/ci/v3.2/tree/ReleaseNotes.txt (In $WM_PROJECT_DIR/ReleaseNotes.txt)
The complete source code is available from the sourceforge git repository and can be obtained as follows:
git clone http://git.code.sf.net/p/openfoam-extend/foam-extend-3.1 foam-extend-3.2 cd foam-extend-3.2 git checkout v3.2
git clone --branch v3.2 http://git.code.sf.net/p/openfoam-extend/foam-extend-3.1 foam-extend-3.2
Installation instructions can be found here: http://sourceforge.net/p/openfoam-extend/foam-extend-3.1/ci/v3.2/tree/doc/buildInstructions/ (In $WM_PROJECT_DIR/doc/buildInstructions)
Report installation problems. See BUG REPORTS below. Contribute with additional build instructions. See BUG REPORTS below. Run the testHarness, following the instructions in $WM_PROJECT_DIR/testHarness/README.txt. Report fails, including URL to test results. See BUG REPORTS below.
The foam-extend workflow: The master branch is updated with bug fixes, but no new features: "stable". The nextRelease branch is updated both with bug fixes and new features: "semi-stable". The installation instructions are for the master branch.
You are encouraged to continuously contribute to the nextRelease branch according to the instructions at: http://sourceforge.net/p/openfoam-extend/wiki/HowToContribute/
BUG REPORTS: Report bugs in the bug-tracker: http://sourceforge.net/p/openfoam-extend/ticketsfoamextendrelease/ Give an URL to testHarness fails, if applicable. Paste a patch for small bug fixes or feature additions (see http://sourceforge.net/p/openfoam-extend/wiki/HowToContribute/)
The foam-extend administrators.
Date: 2016/06/26 Location: Centro Cultural Vila Flor, Guimarães, Portugal, Europe
The Workshop Committee would like to invite you to the 11th International OpenFOAM® Workshop to be held at Centro Cultural Vila Flor, Guimarães, Portugal, Europe, from June 26-June 30, 2016.
|Start of Event||2016/06/26|
|End of Event||2016/06/30|
|Location||Centro Cultural Vila Flor, Guimarães, Portugal, Europe|
If you want to add a news item go to this form