- Latest OpenFOAM version: 6 (10th of July 2018)
- Latest Foam-Extend version: 4.0 (22nd of December 2016)
- Latest OpenFOAM+ version: v1806 (29th June 2018)
- OpenFOAM Release Notes: 6 | 5.0 | 4.1 | 4.0 | 3.0.1 | 3.0.0 | 2.4.0 | 2.3.1 | 2.3.0 | 2.2.2 | 2.2.1 | 2.2.0 | 2.1.1 | 2.1.0 | 2.0.1 | 2.0.0 | 1.7.1 | 1.7.0 | 1.6 | 1.5 | 1.4.1 | 1.4 | 1.3 | 1.2 | 1.1 | 1.0
- Foam-extend Release Notes: 4.0 | 3.2 | 3.1 | 3.0
- OpenFOAM+ Release Notes: v1806 | v1712 | v1706 | v1612+ | v1606+ | v3.0+
This Wiki collects information about the OpenSource CFD toolbox OpenFOAM and provides a platform for collaborations
There is a number of different flavours of OpenFOAM that are all based on the original FOAM-code. They are listed here in the order they were added to this page.
3.1 OpenFOAM (Foundation)
OpenFOAM by the OpenFOAM foundation
OpenFOAM+ by the ESI-OpenCFD
- Foundation and Advanced courses provided by OpenCFD and SGI.
- Essential and Applied courses provided by CFD Direct.
- Introductory and Advanced courses provided by Wikki and Gompute.
- User and Programming courses provided by Icon.
- Beginner, Advanced & Paraview training provided by move-csc.
- University courses for Industry at Chalmers Professional Education.
- Beginner, Advanced online training  provided by CadCae.
- Summary of Training Material for and around OpenFOAM (including list of meshing tools, Paraview hints, etc., see category '3_EulerianModels') provided by the NanoSim consortium.
- Screencasts and training material provided by TU Graz.
- Video tutorials on YouTube by József Nagy
- Wiki | Moving frame example | more
- Other | OS-CFD course
- OpenFOAM A Little User Manual by Gerhard Holzinger (links to OSCCAR-doc, an effort driven by PFM in Linz, Austria)
- OpenFOAM Basic Training by Institute of Chemical Engineering, TU Wien
- In case you want to record tutorials (i.e., screencasts), you can use the recordmydesktop software.
-  Unofficial tutorial for OpenFOAM programming basics with applications.
4.3 Unofficial User Guides
- Interface Guide Reference guide for all terms in the OpenFOAM text files.
- Main OFSolvers Overview and description of each solver.
- Wikipedia article | more
- Download | Download foam-extend | On Windows
- FAQ (long version) | Known bugs
5.1 Tips and Tricks
5.2 Other Tools
5.3 Tools on this Wiki
- Coding style and conventions
- The Sourceforge OpenFOAM-extend project provides
- Sources for foam-extend a community driven distribution with additional features
- a subversion repository for collaborative development
- Installation notes
- How to contribute
7 The page of the hour
This page was selected randomly from 16 selected articles:
A library that combines the functionality of groovyBC and funkySetFields: it offers the user the possibility to specify expressions involving the fields and evaluates them. This library offers a number of utilities (for instance funkySetFields to set fields using expression), boundary conditions (groovyBC to specify arbitrary boundary conditions based on expressions) and function objects that allow doing many things that would otherwise require programming.
--Bgschaid 01:17, 14 September 2010 (CEST)
If you think an article is worth featuring see this article
9.2 Active sites
9.3 Commercial Companies
- CFD support
- FSD blueCAPE Lda
- DHCAE Tools
- CFD Direct
- silentdynamics GmbH
- Precise Simulation / FEATool Multiphysics
The FEATool Multiphysics MATLAB and Octave FEM Simulation Toolbox version 1.8 is now available. In addition to being a fully integrated FEA multiphysics toolbox, and interfacing with the FEniCS FEM solver and external mesh generators such as DistMesh, GiD, Gmsh, and Triangle, the highlight of the new version is introducing a fully integrated and cross-platform OpenFOAM CFD GUI interface for MATLAB and GNU Octave.
The new OpenFOAM MATLAB CFD Toolbox interface allows one to conveniently setup both laminar and fully turbulent incompressible Navier-Stokes CFD problems all within an easy to use graphical user interface (GUI). Featuring built-in CAD tools and (STL) CAD file import, automatic mesh generation (with automatic 2D to 3D mesh conversion and extrusion for 2D problems), FEATool to OpenFOAM case file conversion, solver selection and control, as well as solution import with postprocessing and visualization. As with all the FEATool MATLAB GUI functionality, models can also be saved and exported as m-file CLI functions where custom scripting and support for all MATLAB and Octave functions and toolboxes is supported. With the added support for the popular OpenFOAM CFD solver and FEniCS, high-performance multiphysics, multi-simulation, and CFD modeling can now be all be conveniently done within a single software interface.
Please visit the FEATool Multiphysics MATLAB FEM Toolbox website for more information.
Date: 2018/05/17 Location: Hong Kong
FEATool Multiphysics is developed by Precise Simulation Ltd. which was established in 2013 and is dedicated to providing accurate, efficient, and easy to use software solutions to a wide range of mathematical modeling, multiphysics, and computer simulation needs. In close collaboration with academic high-performance computing (HPC) partners with significant knowledge and over a decade of experience in many physics based Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) fields such as Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), Computational Structural Mechanics (CSM), chemical engineering, and heat transfer simulations Precise Simulation is able to offer a wide range of customized solutions.The goal of the FEATool Multiphysics software suite is to be able to make physics based computer simulation easier and more enjoyable to learn for students in engineering, physics, and mathematics, and also simpler and more convenient to work with for both academic teachers, researchers, and corporate engineers.
Date: 2018/06/24 Location: Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
The Workshop Committee would like to invite you to the 13th International OpenFOAM® Workshop to be held at Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China, from June 24-29 2018
|Start of Event||2018/06/24|
|End of Event||2018/06/29|
|Location||Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China|
11 December, 2017 in Leoben, Austria
The OpenFOAM User Meeting 15 in Leoben is scheduled for Monday, December 11, 2017 (9:00 a.m. - 16:30 p.m.)
It will take place at this address:
Seminarraum Eisen Metallurgiegebäude 2.OG University of Leoben Franz-Josef Strasse 18 8700 Leoben Austria
See full article for a map with directions
For participation please contact Alexander Vakhrushev: alexander.vakhrushev at unileoben.ac.at
13 Summary of the PFAU 15 Meeting
I would like to thank all participants and especially the presenters! It is always a pleasure to meet you all. Our geography now extended till Tirol! We had different topics but with common interests in the multiphase, turbulence and heat transfer modeling. The general OpenFOAM topics were presented, as well as a comparison of the modeling and the experimental work.
At the BoF session the Tutorial Collection was discussed. A possibility of the OpenFOAM Tutorial Subforum at the CFD-Online was considered. These actions will be continued.
For the authors of the tutorial materials it would be valuable to fill in the "Further Reading" section.
It was also suggested to possibly add validation cases in the Tutorial and mark them with a corresponding flag.
OpenFOAM version compatibilities are still an issue, and many user stressed that they have to keep their solver with the old releases (e.g. 2.3x) to make their code running.
It was reminded to subscribe to the Austrian User Group Mailing list to stay up-to-day with Community activities.
Looking to see you next time!
You can check the available presentations at the following link:
15 Next Meeting
Beforehand the next PFAU is planned for the summer time 2018 and will be held in Linz. Please follow the announcements.
Date: 2017/07/06 Location: Address: 8010 Graz, Inffeldgasse 21a Room: IMEG 140
The OpenFOAM User Meeting v. 14 will take place at the Virtual Vehicle in Graz. All Foamers or anyone who is interested are welcome. If you want to participate or need further information please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Start of Event||2017/07/06|
|End of Event||2017/07/06|
|Location|| Address: 8010 Graz, Inffeldgasse 21a
Room: IMEG 140
Date: 2017/07/24 Location: University of Exeter, Great Britain, Europe
The Workshop Committee would like to invite you to the 12th International OpenFOAM® Workshop to be held at University of Exeter, Great Britain, Europe, from July 24-July 27, 2017.
|Start of Event||2017/07/24|
|End of Event||2017/07/27|
|Location||University of Exeter, Great Britain, Europe|
If you want to add a news item go to this form