- Latest OpenFOAM version: 2.4.0 (22nd of May 2015)
- Latest Foam-Extend version: 3.1 (17th of June 2014)
- OpenFOAM Release notes: 2.4.0 | 2.3.1 | 2.3.0 | 2.2.2 | 2.2.1 | 2.2.0 | 2.1.1 | 2.1.0 | 2.0.1 | 2.0.0 | 1.7.1 | 1.7.0 | 1.6 | 1.5 | 1.4.1 | 1.4 | 1.3 | 1.2 | 1.1 | 1.0
- Foam-extend Release notes: 3.1 3.0
HTTPs server certificate updated
This Wiki collects information about the OpenSource CFD toolbox OpenFOAM and provides a platform for collaborations
- Events/A Guide to Hybrid RANS-LES methods (Start 23 September 2015, Location Heythrop Park, Oxfordshire, UK, Website http://www.nafems.org/events/nafems/2015/rans_les/)
- 3rd ESI OpenFOAM User Conference (Start 19 October 2015, End 21 October 2015, Location Stuttgart, Website https://www.esi-group.com/company/events/2015/3rd-openfoam-user-conference-2015)
- Events/11th International OpenFOAM Workshop (Start 26 June 2016, End 30 June 2016, Location Centro Cultural Vila Flor, Guimarães, Portugal, Europe, Website http://www.openfoamworkshop.org/)
If you want to add an event go to this form
There is a number of different flavours of OpenFOAM that are all based on the original FOAM-code. They are listed here in the order they were added to this page.
3.1 OpenFOAM (Foundation)
OpenFOAM by the OpenFOAM foundation
- Foundation and Advanced courses provided by OpenCFD and SGI.
- Essential and Applied courses provided by CFD Direct.
- Introductory and Advanced courses provided by Wikki and Gompute.
- User and Programming courses provided by Icon.
- Beginner, Advanced & Paraview training provided by move-csc.
- University courses for Industry at Chalmers Professional Education.
- Beginner, Advanced online training  provided by CadCae.
- Video tutorials on YouTube by József Nagy
- Wiki | Moving frame example | more
- Other | OS-CFD course
- OpenFOAM A Little User Manual by Gerhard Holzinger
- OpenFOAM Basic Training by Institute of Chemical Engineering, TU Wien
- Wikipedia article | more
- Download | OpenFOAM on SLAX | On Windows
- FAQ (long version) | Known bugs
5.1 Tips and Tricks
5.2 Other Tools
5.3 Tools on this Wiki
- Coding style and conventions
- The Sourceforge OpenFOAM-extend project provides
- Sources for foam-extend a community driven distribution with additional features
- a subversion repository for collaborative development
- Installation notes
- How to contribute
7 The page of the hour
This page was selected randomly from 15 selected articles:
7.1 OpenFOAM guide
This is the base page for the currently dubbed The missing Programmer's Guide created by the community that works with OpenFOAM technology.
If you think an article is worth featuring see this article
9.2 Active sites
9.3 Commercial Companies
- ICE Stroemungsforschung
- CFD support
- blueCAPE Lda
- DHCAE Tools
- CFD Direct
Date: 2016/06/26 Location: Centro Cultural Vila Flor, Guimarães, Portugal, Europe
The Workshop Committee would like to invite you to the 11th International OpenFOAM® Workshop to be held at Centro Cultural Vila Flor, Guimarães, Portugal, Europe, from June 26-June 30, 2016.
|Start of Event||2016/06/26|
|End of Event||2016/06/30|
|Location||Centro Cultural Vila Flor, Guimarães, Portugal, Europe|
After some initial testing, the new foam-extend-3.1 code is now available here: http://sourceforge.net/p/openfoam-extend/foam-extend-3.1/ci/nextRelease/tree/ as a release candidate for version 3.2. The next step is to test everything again thoroughly. We therefore invite the community to install the release candidate, run the test loop, and test your own cases.
Merge requests have now all been integrated in a new version of the foam-extend-3.1 nextRelease branch, which now constitutes a release candidate for version 3.2. The code will remain in the nextRelease branch until the official release. Click on History for the history of commits. The release notes will be updated during the testing period.
The next step is to test everything again thoroughly. We therefore invite the community to install the release candidate, run the test loop, and test your own cases. This should be done by June 25, after which foam-extend-3.2 is officially released and merged to the master branch.
To clone a fresh working copy (and checkout the nextRelease branch): mkdir ~/foam cd ~/foam git clone --branch nextRelease git://git.code.sf.net/p/openfoam-extend/foam-extend-3.1 foam-extend-3.1
To migrate from a previous foam-extend-3.1 working copy: cd ~/foam cd foam-extend-3.1 git pull git checkout nextRelease Note that work has been done also in ThirdParty, so it is a good idea to make sure that all those packages are re-compiled.
The installation instructions for Ubuntu 14.04 have been updated: $WM_PROJECT_DIR/doc/buildInstructions/Ubuntu/Ubuntu_14.04 (during testing period: switch to nextRelease branch!)
Similar installation procedures as before applies for other architectures. If all required packages are installed, it is merely a matter of sourcing the etc/bashrc file: . ~/foam/foam-extend-3.1/etc/bashrc and doing: foam ./Allwmake.firstInstall
Run the testHarness, following the instructions in $WM_PROJECT_DIR/testHarness/README.txt
Report any compilation problems in this thread. Help us write installation recipes for different architectures. Report bugs in the Mantis bug-tracker: http://sourceforge.net/p/openfoam-extend/ticketsfoamextendrelease/
fguibault is online now Add to fguibault's Reputation Report Post Edit/Delete Message
Date: 2015/06/18The foam-extend administrators.
OpenFOAM Foundation has released OpenFOAM 2.4.0 - Release notes for version 2.4.0
Note: The version numbering has changed, with the adoption of the Semantic Versioning specification. This means that 2.4.0 was originally meant to be identified as 2.3.2. This version number change was proposed on this bug report.
Date: 2015/05/22-- Wyldckat (talk) 15:54, 24 May 2015 (CEST)
Date: 2015/06/29 Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan USA
The Workshop Committee would like to invite you to the 10th International OpenFOAM® Workshop to be held in Ann Arbor, MI, USA, from June 29-July 2, 2015.
|Start of Event||2015/06/29|
|End of Event||2015/07/02|
|Location||Ann Arbor, Michigan USA|
The software of the Wiki has been updated. During the update the basic skin of the Wiki was redone and the landing page got a slight overhaul. It should now be usable on mobile devices,
See full article for technical details
If you want to add a news item go to this form