- Latest OpenFOAM version: 3.0.1 (15th of December 2015)
- Latest Foam-Extend version: 3.2 (18th of September 2015)
- OpenFOAM Release notes: 3.0.1 | 3.0.0 | 2.4.0 | 2.3.1 | 2.3.0 | 2.2.2 | 2.2.1 | 2.2.0 | 2.1.1 | 2.1.0 | 2.0.1 | 2.0.0 | 1.7.1 | 1.7.0 | 1.6 | 1.5 | 1.4.1 | 1.4 | 1.3 | 1.2 | 1.1 | 1.0
- Foam-extend Release notes: 3.2 3.1 3.0
The Wiki has been moved to a new server
This Wiki collects information about the OpenSource CFD toolbox OpenFOAM and provides a platform for collaborations
- Events/PFAU XII Austrian User Meeting (Start 15 March 2016, End 15 March 2016, Location Volkshochschule Stadtbibliothek Linz - Wissensturm Kärntnerstraße 26, 4020 Linz, Austria, Website https://openfoamwiki.net/index.php/File:2016-03_PFAU_XII_Agenda.pdf)
- Events/11th International OpenFOAM Workshop (Start 26 June 2016, End 30 June 2016, Location Centro Cultural Vila Flor, Guimarães, Portugal, Europe, Website http://www.openfoamworkshop.org/)
If you want to add an event go to this form
There is a number of different flavours of OpenFOAM that are all based on the original FOAM-code. They are listed here in the order they were added to this page.
3.1 OpenFOAM (Foundation)
OpenFOAM by the OpenFOAM foundation
- Foundation and Advanced courses provided by OpenCFD and SGI.
- Essential and Applied courses provided by CFD Direct.
- Introductory and Advanced courses provided by Wikki and Gompute.
- User and Programming courses provided by Icon.
- Beginner, Advanced & Paraview training provided by move-csc.
- University courses for Industry at Chalmers Professional Education.
- Beginner, Advanced online training  provided by CadCae.
- Video tutorials on YouTube by József Nagy
- Wiki | Moving frame example | more
- Other | OS-CFD course
- OpenFOAM A Little User Manual by Gerhard Holzinger
- OpenFOAM Basic Training by Institute of Chemical Engineering, TU Wien
- Wikipedia article | more
- Download | OpenFOAM on SLAX | On Windows
- FAQ (long version) | Known bugs
5.1 Tips and Tricks
5.2 Other Tools
5.3 Tools on this Wiki
- Coding style and conventions
- The Sourceforge OpenFOAM-extend project provides
- Sources for foam-extend a community driven distribution with additional features
- a subversion repository for collaborative development
- Installation notes
- How to contribute
7 The page of the hour
This page was selected randomly from 15 selected articles:
7.1 Sig Multiphase
If you think an article is worth featuring see this article
9.2 Active sites
9.3 Commercial Companies
- ICE Stroemungsforschung
- CFD support
- blueCAPE Lda
- DHCAE Tools
- CFD Direct
The next version of PFAU will take place in Linz, in the "Wissensturm" (close to the Main Station), on Tuesday, March 15th, 2016. The meeting starts at 1.00 p.m.
For details go to: []
Date: 2016/03/15 Location: Linz, Wissensturm (Stadtbibliothek).
26 November, 2015 in Leoben, Austria
The OpenFOAM User Meeting v. 11 in Leoben is scheduled for Thursday, November 26, 2015 (9.30 a.m. - 16.30 p.m.)
It will take place at this address:
Chair for Modelling and Simulation of Metallurgical Processes Department of Metallurgy Metallurgiegebäude 3.OG Seminarraum 325 University of Leoben Franz-Josef Strasse 18 8700 Leoben Austria
See full article for a map with directions
Foam-extend-3.2 is now released !
It is our pleasure to announce the release of the foam-extend-3.2 code.
The code is available here: http://sourceforge.net/p/openfoam-extend/foam-extend-3.1/ci/v3.2/tree/
Descriptions are available here: http://sourceforge.net/p/openfoam-extend/wiki/Home/
A simpler URL brings also brings you directly to the foam-extend-project: http://foam-extend.org/
The release notes are available here: http://sourceforge.net/p/openfoam-extend/foam-extend-3.1/ci/v3.2/tree/ReleaseNotes.txt (In $WM_PROJECT_DIR/ReleaseNotes.txt)
The complete source code is available from the sourceforge git repository and can be obtained as follows:
git clone http://git.code.sf.net/p/openfoam-extend/foam-extend-3.1 foam-extend-3.2 cd foam-extend-3.2 git checkout v3.2
git clone --branch v3.2 http://git.code.sf.net/p/openfoam-extend/foam-extend-3.1 foam-extend-3.2
Installation instructions can be found here: http://sourceforge.net/p/openfoam-extend/foam-extend-3.1/ci/v3.2/tree/doc/buildInstructions/ (In $WM_PROJECT_DIR/doc/buildInstructions)
Report installation problems. See BUG REPORTS below. Contribute with additional build instructions. See BUG REPORTS below. Run the testHarness, following the instructions in $WM_PROJECT_DIR/testHarness/README.txt. Report fails, including URL to test results. See BUG REPORTS below.
The foam-extend workflow: The master branch is updated with bug fixes, but no new features: "stable". The nextRelease branch is updated both with bug fixes and new features: "semi-stable". The installation instructions are for the master branch.
You are encouraged to continuously contribute to the nextRelease branch according to the instructions at: http://sourceforge.net/p/openfoam-extend/wiki/HowToContribute/
BUG REPORTS: Report bugs in the bug-tracker: http://sourceforge.net/p/openfoam-extend/ticketsfoamextendrelease/ Give an URL to testHarness fails, if applicable. Paste a patch for small bug fixes or feature additions (see http://sourceforge.net/p/openfoam-extend/wiki/HowToContribute/)
The foam-extend administrators.
Date: 2016/06/26 Location: Centro Cultural Vila Flor, Guimarães, Portugal, Europe
The Workshop Committee would like to invite you to the 11th International OpenFOAM® Workshop to be held at Centro Cultural Vila Flor, Guimarães, Portugal, Europe, from June 26-June 30, 2016.
|Start of Event||2016/06/26|
|End of Event||2016/06/30|
|Location||Centro Cultural Vila Flor, Guimarães, Portugal, Europe|
After some initial testing, the new foam-extend-3.1 code is now available here: http://sourceforge.net/p/openfoam-extend/foam-extend-3.1/ci/nextRelease/tree/ as a release candidate for version 3.2. The next step is to test everything again thoroughly. We therefore invite the community to install the release candidate, run the test loop, and test your own cases.
Merge requests have now all been integrated in a new version of the foam-extend-3.1 nextRelease branch, which now constitutes a release candidate for version 3.2. The code will remain in the nextRelease branch until the official release. Click on History for the history of commits. The release notes will be updated during the testing period.
The next step is to test everything again thoroughly. We therefore invite the community to install the release candidate, run the test loop, and test your own cases. This should be done by June 25, after which foam-extend-3.2 is officially released and merged to the master branch.
To clone a fresh working copy (and checkout the nextRelease branch): mkdir ~/foam cd ~/foam git clone --branch nextRelease git://git.code.sf.net/p/openfoam-extend/foam-extend-3.1 foam-extend-3.1
To migrate from a previous foam-extend-3.1 working copy: cd ~/foam cd foam-extend-3.1 git pull git checkout nextRelease Note that work has been done also in ThirdParty, so it is a good idea to make sure that all those packages are re-compiled.
The installation instructions for Ubuntu 14.04 have been updated: $WM_PROJECT_DIR/doc/buildInstructions/Ubuntu/Ubuntu_14.04 (during testing period: switch to nextRelease branch!)
Similar installation procedures as before applies for other architectures. If all required packages are installed, it is merely a matter of sourcing the etc/bashrc file: . ~/foam/foam-extend-3.1/etc/bashrc and doing: foam ./Allwmake.firstInstall
Run the testHarness, following the instructions in $WM_PROJECT_DIR/testHarness/README.txt
Report any compilation problems in this thread. Help us write installation recipes for different architectures. Report bugs in the Mantis bug-tracker: http://sourceforge.net/p/openfoam-extend/ticketsfoamextendrelease/
fguibault is online now Add to fguibault's Reputation Report Post Edit/Delete Message
The foam-extend administrators.
If you want to add a news item go to this form