- Latest OpenFOAM version: 2.4.0 (22nd of May 2015)
- Latest Foam-Extend version: 3.1 (17th of June 2014)
- OpenFOAM Release notes: 2.4.0 | 2.3.1 | 2.3.0 | 2.2.2 | 2.2.1 | 2.2.0 | 2.1.1 | 2.1.0 | 2.0.1 | 2.0.0 | 1.7.1 | 1.7.0 | 1.6 | 1.5 | 1.4.1 | 1.4 | 1.3 | 1.2 | 1.1 | 1.0
- Foam-extend Release notes: 3.1 3.0
This Wiki collects information about the OpenSource CFD toolbox OpenFOAM and provides a platform for collaborations
- PFAU X - Austrian User Group Meeting (Start 8 July 2015, Location Institute for Process and Particle Engineering Graz University of Technology Inffeldgasse 13 8010 Graz Austria, Website https://online.tugraz.at/tug_online/vag.detail?vid=79197)
If you want to add an event go to this form
- Foundation and Advanced courses provided by OpenCFD and SGI.
- Essential and Applied courses provided by CFD Direct.
- Introductory and Advanced courses provided by Wikki and Gompute.
- User and Programming courses provided by Icon.
- Beginner, Advanced & Paraview training provided by move-csc.
- University courses for Industry at Chalmers Professional Education.
- Video tutorials on YouTube by József Nagy
- Wiki | Moving frame example | more
- Other | OS-CFD course
- OpenFOAM A Little User Manual by Gerhard Holzinger
- OpenFOAM Basic Training by Institute of Chemical Engineering, TU Wien
- Wikipedia article | more
- Download | OpenFOAM on SLAX | On Windows
- FAQ (long version) | Known bugs
4.1 Tips and Tricks
4.2 Other Tools
4.3 Tools on this Wiki
- Coding style and conventions
- The Sourceforge OpenFOAM-extend project provides
- Sources for foam-extend a community driven distribution with additional features
- a subversion repository for collaborative development
- Installation notes
- How to contribute
6 The page of the hour
This page was selected randomly from 15 selected articles:
6.1 Sig Multiphase
If you think an article is worth featuring see this article
8.2 Active sites
8.3 Commercial Companies
- ICE Stroemungsforschung
- CFD support
- blueCAPE Lda
- DHCAE Tools
- CFD Direct
After some initial testing, the new foam-extend-3.1 code is now available here: http://sourceforge.net/p/openfoam-extend/foam-extend-3.1/ci/nextRelease/tree/ as a release candidate for version 3.2. The next step is to test everything again thoroughly. We therefore invite the community to install the release candidate, run the test loop, and test your own cases.
Merge requests have now all been integrated in a new version of the foam-extend-3.1 nextRelease branch, which now constitutes a release candidate for version 3.2. The code will remain in the nextRelease branch until the official release. Click on History for the history of commits. The release notes will be updated during the testing period.
The next step is to test everything again thoroughly. We therefore invite the community to install the release candidate, run the test loop, and test your own cases. This should be done by June 25, after which foam-extend-3.2 is officially released and merged to the master branch.
To clone a fresh working copy (and checkout the nextRelease branch): mkdir ~/foam cd ~/foam git clone --branch nextRelease git://git.code.sf.net/p/openfoam-extend/foam-extend-3.1 foam-extend-3.1
To migrate from a previous foam-extend-3.1 working copy: cd ~/foam cd foam-extend-3.1 git pull git checkout nextRelease Note that work has been done also in ThirdParty, so it is a good idea to make sure that all those packages are re-compiled.
The installation instructions for Ubuntu 14.04 have been updated: $WM_PROJECT_DIR/doc/buildInstructions/Ubuntu/Ubuntu_14.04 (during testing period: switch to nextRelease branch!)
Similar installation procedures as before applies for other architectures. If all required packages are installed, it is merely a matter of sourcing the etc/bashrc file: . ~/foam/foam-extend-3.1/etc/bashrc and doing: foam ./Allwmake.firstInstall
Run the testHarness, following the instructions in $WM_PROJECT_DIR/testHarness/README.txt
Report any compilation problems in this thread. Help us write installation recipes for different architectures. Report bugs in the Mantis bug-tracker: http://sourceforge.net/p/openfoam-extend/ticketsfoamextendrelease/
fguibault is online now Add to fguibault's Reputation Report Post Edit/Delete Message
Date: 2015/06/18The foam-extend administrators.
OpenFOAM Foundation has released OpenFOAM 2.4.0 - Release notes for version 2.4.0
Note: The version numbering has changed, with the adoption of the Semantic Versioning specification. This means that 2.4.0 was originally meant to be identified as 2.3.2. This version number change was proposed on this bug report.
Date: 2015/05/22-- Wyldckat (talk) 15:54, 24 May 2015 (CEST)
Date: 2015/06/29 Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan USA
The Workshop Committee would like to invite you to the 10th International OpenFOAM® Workshop to be held in Ann Arbor, MI, USA, from June 29-July 2, 2015.
|Start of Event||2015/06/29|
|End of Event||2015/07/02|
|Location||Ann Arbor, Michigan USA|
The software of the Wiki has been updated. During the update the basic skin of the Wiki was redone and the landing page got a slight overhaul. It should now be usable on mobile devices,
See full article for technical details
It is our pleasure to announce the upcoming release of the next foam-extend code, which should be released before the end of the year 2014. The deadline for contributions to the next foam-extend release is set to November 10th 2014 (in two months). Following the spirit of a true open source effort, we invite the community to contribute with new features and bug fixes. The procedure for contributors can be found at: http://sourceforge.net/p/openfoam-extend/wiki/HowToContribute/
Date: 2014/09/15 Location: Worldwide
If you want to add a news item go to this form