1 Solvers that fit into the OpenFOAM classification
These solvers fit into the classification, that is given by the directory structure of the solver-sources.
- potentialWaveFoam: A one-line solver that solves a wave equation, fvm::d2dt2(phi) == c * c * fvc::laplacian(phi).
- reactingFoam Adding ignition to reactingFoam.
- alternateReactingFoam A library and a solver based on it that allow the usage of different chemistry engines for reacting flows
1.4 DNS and LES
- PisoFoamSSD A Low-Dissipative, Scale-Selective Discretization for PisoFOAM
- EHDFoam A Numerical Model to simulate the multiphase flow in the electrostatic field, based on the Taylor-Melcher Leaky Dielectric Model
1.7 Heat transfer
- boussinesqBuoyantSimpleFoam Incompressible thermal flow solver under Bussinesq approximation
- massBuoyantBoussinesqSimpleFoam Steady-state solver for buoyant, turbulent, incompressible flows with vapor and contaminant scalar transport for HVAC and similar applications
- simpleScalarFoam Steady-state incompressible laminar flow solver with scalar transport and mass transfer coefficient and Sherwood number calculation
- turbScalarFoam Unsteady incompressible laminar flow solver with scalar transport and mass transfer coefficient and Sherwood number calculation
- icoBlockedCellFoam Unsteady incompressible laminar flow solver with the possibility to exclude definite FV cells from the flow calculations
- icoDyMFoam Unsteady incompressible laminar flow solver with the dynamically refined mesh according to the transported scalar distribution
Solvers for two or more interacting liquids
- compressibleMixingPhaseChangeFoam - Solver for two-phase flow of liquids with inter-phase mass change, buoyancy, temperature and pressure dependence for density
These solvers don't fit into the standard scheme.
2.1 Turbulence Modeling
2.2 Technology Demos
Solvers that demonstrate concepts, but haven't got a fully implemented physics.
- icoLagrangianFoam Incompressible solver with particles. Demonstrates the use of Lagrangian-particles outside the dieselFoam solver
- icoStructFoam Fluid-Structure interaction. Demonstrates the use of two coupled solvers and mesh motion
- interTrackFoamTracks a moving interface with a moving mesh, so that the mesh boundary remains coincident with the interface.
- solidParticleFoamA minimalistic code and case set-up as an example of how to use the solidParticleCloud class.
Note to editors: Use the solver name as the page name, when adding a new solver to this page, but prepend custom in order to avoid name clashes