Sig Ship Hydrodynamics
1 OpenFOAM Special Interest Group: Ship Hydrodynamics
The OpenFOAM Ship Hydrodynamics Special Interest Group (SIG) was initiated at the Third OpenFOAM Workshop in Milan, Italy, July 2008. See the openfoamworkshop.org  for more information about the workshop.
Join the SIG ShipHydro e-mail list to be part of the discussions!
- Identify developers and users who are interested in ship hydrodynamics and OpenFOAM.
- Develop OpenFOAM for ship hydrodynamics applications, including pre-processing, solution methods, and post-processing.
- Provide tutorials on how to produce accurate results using OpenFOAM in ship hydrodynamics.
- Distribute relevant validation test cases and corresponding OpenFOAM applications.
- Use OpenFOAM to develop Best Practice Guidelines. in ship hydrodynamics
- Connect people with the same interests.
- Organize meetings, workshops and collaborations.
- July 2008: Birth of working group
- 4 June 2009: Working group meetings at the 4th OpenFOAM Workshop, Montreal
- 4-6 Oct 2009: 12th Numerical Towing Tank Symposium (NuTTs), Cortana, Italy (tentative SIG Meeting).
- 9-11 June 2010: Gothenburg 2010, A Workshop on CFD in Ship Hydrodynamics (tentative SIG Meeting).
- Summer 2010, 5th OpenFOAM Workshop, Location TBD (tentative SIG Meeting).
- September, 2010: 28th Naval Hydrodynamics Symposium, CalTech, Pasadena, CA (tentative SIG Meeting).
Source files and tutorial cases should be located in the OpenFOAM extensions SourceForge SVN repository.
Detailed written tutorials should be added to the 'tutorial' workspace below.
5 Work space
- Table of common interests
- Group members Open to everyone!
- Validation test cases
- Best practice guidelines