These are things that are neither a solver, a utility or an example case and could nevertheless be of use for other Foamers.
1 Libraries for OpenFOAM
Stuff that is usually linked into dynamic libraries (.so in Linux)
1.1 Boundary conditions
- timeVaryingNonuniformFixedValue: A boundary condition to prescribe temporally and spatially varying values on a patch
- pressureTransmissive: A port of the popular OpenFOAM 1.3 boundary condition to OF 1.4.1
- wallHeatFlux: Fixed Heat flux boundary condition for incompressible thermal flow under Boussinesq-Approximation
- groovyBC: A boundary condition that allows the specification via expressions, similar to funkySetFields
- wallRadiationTemperature: A radiation coupled boundary condition for buoyantSimpleRadiationFoam.
1.2 Function objects
- simpleFunctionObjects: A collection of almost trivial functionObjects
- IOH5Write: A function object for writing fields and clouds into HDF5 file format, along with auxiliary scripts for handling the data in HDF5 format.
1.3 Turbulence models
- boussinesqTurbulentModelsRAS: Library of RAS turbulence model under Boussinesq-Approximation
- kEpsilonViollet: Library of incompressible k-epsilon turbulent model with Viollet type buoyancy term
- equationReader: An extension to OpenFOAM's core library that allows you to use equations in dictionaries.
- multiSolver: A library that allows you to run more than one solver in series on the same dataset.
- swak4Foam: Library for user-defined expression. Should replace contrib funkySetFields and contrib groovyBC
- IOReferencer: A simple piece of code that allows you to look up non-IOobjects from the objectRegistry. E.g.: db().lookupObject<scalar>("banana");
- waves2Foam: A collection of libraries, solvers, boundary conditions, pre-processing tools and tutorials to be used for modelling surface water waves.
- Janaf: Both the description of the old Janaf architecture, as well as a possible more advanced Janaf system.
- solidMechanics: Tool-kit for OpenFOAM of solid mechanics solvers that employ the finite volume method (not finite elements) to numerically approximate the displacements and stresses in solid bodies undergoing deformation.
- LibOpenSMOKE: Tool-kit for OpenFOAM of a combustion model based on the steady-state laminar flamelet theory.
2 Libraries for other languages
Stuff in these sections helps other programming languages than C++ to interact with OpenFOAM
- PyFoam: A python library to control OpenFOAM runs.
- pythonFlu is the python wrapping for OpenFOAM C++ API.
These are patches that are to be applied to an OpenFOAM-installation. Only use these if
- you are sure you need them
- you know what you are doing
because they can alter the behaviour of your OpenFOAM-stuff (making it impossible for other people to help you)
- plugIn.patch: an extension to OF that allows the run-time loading of additional libraries
- regIOobject.patch: Fix potential problem when reading controlDict during parallel execution
- makeApplicationList.py: A script that generates a list of the applications in a directory (with descriptions)
- SwiftBlock: An addon for Blender for creating/configuring blockMeshDict.
- SwiftSnap: An addon for Blender for creating/configuring snappyHexMeshDict.