These are utilities contributed by users.
1 Utilities that fit into the OpenFOAM scheme
The structure of this page is modelled after the directory structure of the utility sources.
- fluentMeshToFoamWithInternals: modified version of fluentMeshToFoam that writes cellZones and faceZones
- gmshToFoamMod: modified version of gmshToFoam with a few optimizations. This version also has options to write cellZones, write faceZones and control the quantity of text output.
- gmsh2ToFoam: A modified gmshToFoam with Gmsh 2.0 support and other features. The page describes gmsh2ToFoam that comes with gmshFoam (see the Other section below).
- salomeToOpenFOAM: It provides a few Python scripts for assisting in the conversion of meshes created in Salome to OpenFOAM mesh format.
- blockMeshWithSets: generates a mesh from a blockMeshDict with cellSets
- blockMeshHexModel: a paper model of the standard OF hexaeder
- blockMeshDG: A patch to the blockMesh tool to enable double graded meshes, that is meshes which have a minimum or maximum cell spacing in the middle of an edge.
- alignMeshSurf: moves mesh points in the Z direction so that the bottom and top faces are aligned with provided surfaces
- makeAxialMesh: converts a 2D-mesh into an axial-symmetric (wedge) mesh
- splitMeshWithSets: variation of the original splitMesh that preserves faceSets
- modifyPatches is a utility used to manipulate the "constant/polyMesh/boundary" file to be used with (e.g. splitMesh or gmshToFoam)
- cellCenters: A utility to write the position of each mesh cell center for a given timestep.
- checkMeshEx: A patch to the checkMesh tool to calculate the volume ratio of adjacent cells.
- calcPressureDifference: Simple Utility to calculate the Pressure Difference between two boundaries
- calcMassFlow: Simple Utility to calculate the mass-flow through selected boundaries and face-sets
- probeToAudio: Simple auralization utility of probed data.
- computeTorque: Compute the pressure torque on a given patch
- wpcRAS: Calculate true static pressure (i.e. p-2/3k) and wind pressure coefficient
- vtk"P"OpenFOAMReader: Parallelized native OpenFOAM reader for ParaView/VTK
- vtkAnim: A small utility to make animations from cross section field data
- reconstruct-interpolate-fields: Utilities for reconstructing and interpolating fields
- yPlusLESTwoPhase: Modified version of yPlusLES utility for interFoam results.
- setFieldByCellSet: sets the values of a field for a certain cell set
- funkySetFields: set fields using expressions
- setDiscreteFields: sets profiles of any vector/scalar fields at specified boundary patches with using discrete profile data
- wallHeatFluxIncompressible: Utility adapted from OpenFOAM's wallHeatFlux for incompressible simulations, such as those performed with buoyantBoussinesqSimpleFoam.
- wallShearStressLES: Utility based on OpenFOAM's own wallShearStress for calculating the wall shear stress for a LES simulation.
- wallHeatFluxAutoWallTreatmentCFX: Heat flux calculation Utility based on CFX's Automatic Wall Treatment for Wall function meshes. For OF version 2.3.1 and 4.1.
These utilities don't fit into the above categories.
- gmshFoam: A conceptual implementation of a total Gmsh pre/mid/post-processing environment for OpenFOAM
- gdbOF: A debugging tool for OpenFOAM.