1 Short description
Calculates the mass flow through boundary patches and face sets
This utility was written to compare simulations with the equivalent Fl�?¼nt-cases.
The utility is controlled by a Dictionary. The contents of the dictionary are
- a list bcs of names of the surfaces. The surfaces can be
- boundary patches
- face sets
- for incompressible calculations a density rho can be defined. This is used to correct (in other words multiply) the results to get the same values as those printed by Fluent.
- for radial/symmetric calculations a scaleFactor can be defined
- The utility can be used for compressible and incompressible faces
- The utility assumes the existence of a phi (if phi is missing for a time-step, no calculation is done for that time-step)
- It does not work in parallel. For parallel calculations of the mass-flow there is a discussion on the Message board.
Also needed is the library for cellSets and faceSets.
To compile with version 1.3 see HowTo_port_from_older_versions_to_13
- First version
- 27 Feb 2006: New Version that compiles with 1.2
- 23 May 2006: Include reference to external library
--Bgschaid 21:21, 15 Aug 2005 (CEST)