This page contains user contributed input files for OpenFOAM calcultions. The purpose of this is to augment the tutorials that come with OpenFOAM.
1 Introductory Examples
- Simple 2D Laminar Flow Example
- How to create axisymetric case
- How to use the oscillatingFixedValue boundary condition
- Creating a 2D Mesh with snappyHexMesh
2 Verification cases
Cases that reproduce experimental results (used to gauge the quality of OpenFOAM-solvers).
- PISOvsTransientSimple Tutorial comparing a PISO- and a SIMPLE-based solver in transient incompressible CFD
- TaylorGreenVortex Tutorial on the Taylor Green Vortex Case
- OpenFOAM V&V SIG Miscellaneous V&V test cases
- OpenFOAM V&V SIG test cases related to AIJ guidelines for practical applications of CFD to pedestrian wind environment around buildings
- 441ShapeBuildingModel Benchmarking OpenFOAM to wind-tunnel measurements of flow past a 4:4:1 block
- HighRiseBuildingInCityBlocks Tutorial case analyzing wind environment around high-rise building in city blocks
- ActualUrbanAreaNiigata Tutorial case analyzing wind environment around simple building shape in actual urban area Niigata in Japan