transformPoints - Transforms the mesh points in the polyMesh directory according to the translate, rotate and scale options.Valid versions:
Transforms the mesh by applying a translation, a rotation and/or a scaling. The operations are carried out in that order i.e.:
- Translation [-translate]
- Rotation [-rotate | -rollPitchYaw | -yawPitchRoll]
- Scaling [-scale]
- Translate the geometry by the specified VECTOR - e.g. "(1 0 0)"
-rotate (VECTORA VECTORB)
- Transform in terms of rotation between VECTORA and VECTORB - e.g. "( (1 0 0) (0 0 1) )"
- Transform in terms of '(roll pitch yaw)' given in degrees
- Transform in terms of '(yaw pitch roll)' given in degrees
- Read and transform vector and tensor fields too
- Scale by the specified amount in the 3 cartesian directions - e.g. "(0.001 0.001 0.001)" for a uniform [mm] to [m] scaling
- Run the utility in parallel
-roots "(DIR1 [...DIRN])"
- Directories through which the data are distributed
- Specify a mesh region by its NAME
- Execute the command on the case directory DIR. If not provided, use the current directory
- Skip the execution of the functionObjects
- Display the help and exit
- yaw is the rotation about z
- pitch is the rotation about y
- roll is the rotation about x
This utility is used in the following tutorials: