Mach - Calculates and optionally writes the local Mach number from the velocity field U at each time.
Calculates and optionally writes the local Mach number from the velocity field U at each time.
The -noWrite option just outputs the maximum value without writing the field.
If a constant/thermophysicalProperties is present, create an object basicThermo to obtain Cp and Cv. And compute the speed of sound as
If not read the dictionary constant/thermodynamicProperties to obtain R (specific gas constant) and Cv (heat capacity at constant volume). And compute the speed of sound as
- Suppress writing results
- Exclude the 0 directory from the times list
- Select time steps. RANGES follows the time selection rules
- Apply only on the latest time available
- Include the constant directory in the times list
- Run the utility in parallel
-roots "(DIR1 [...DIRN])"
- Directories through which the data are distributed
- Specify a mesh region by its NAME
- Execute the command on the case directory DIR. If not provided, use the current directory
- suppress creating flow models (execFlowFunctionObjects only)
- Skip the execution of the functionObjects
- Display the help and exit
The formula used is:
U = the velocity
= heat capacity ratio
r = specific gas constant
T = temperature