OpenFOAM doesn't run on Microsoft Windows out of the box because it relies on a case-sensitive file system. With some work however it is possible to run OpenFOAM on Windows.
Note: None of these solutions are officially supported by the OpenFOAM Foundation.
1 Do it yourself
- Wiki page dedicated to installing OpenFOAM on Windows
- How To Install Virtual Machines with VMware Player
2 Commercial solutions
- Atizar Limited - Provides OpenFOAM for Windows 64-bit in their product simFlow
- blueCAPE - Provides OpenFOAM for Windows 64-bit as the main feature of their product/service blueCFD-Core
- ODS Engineering - Provides OpenFOAM for Windows 64-bit for their product ODS Studio
- Symscape - Provides OpenFOAM for Windows 64-bit in their product Caedium
- TIAN Building Engineering - Provides builds of OpenFOAM for Windows 64-bit in their online shop
3 Community solutions
- Provides the modified source code of OpenFOAM, as well as binary installation with a limited feature-set from blueCFD-Core. Is updated with a similar frequency to blueCFD-Core.
- Last Update: 3rd of April 2013
- Provides a port of OpenFOAM 1.5, built natively on Windows. It also provides a GUI for editing case files and launching ParaView. It seems to have been a proof-of-concept project for a master thesis.
- Last Update: 28th of May, 2009