An OpenFOAM Wiki
- Please consult these Guidelines before adding content.
- Feel free to use the discussion pages to propose changes and suggest content. Especially for the FAQ
- Use the Testing site if you haven't worked with a Wiki before.
If you experience any problems with this Wiki please contact me at my EMail (which can be found at User:Bgschaid).
Significant changes to the status of this Wiki can be found at Current_events.
1.1 About OpenFOAM
This Website is only supplementary to the official Website. If they contradict each other the official Website is right.
1.2 About Wikis
TODO: Wikis, for those who have never seen one
1.3 Other Sites with OpenFOAM content
1.4 Other Software to be used with OpenFOAM
2 OpenFOAM-Stuff in this Wiki
The main portion of this Wiki: all the things that have to do with OpenFOAM.
Stuff that is meant to supplement the official documentation.
- FAQ: Everything you always wanted to know about OpenFOAM, but were afraid to ask (because someone might have asked before)
- Addenda: Remarks about the official documentation (extensions, proposals for extensions, outdated information, comments)
2.1.1 The applications
Descriptions of and other information about the executables that come with OpenFOAM.
- Solvers: The solvers that come with OpenFOAM
- Utilities: All those useful utilities
- The Tutorial Cases: Descriptions of the tutorial cases (and what the results should look like)
OK. The last point stretches the definition of application a bit.
These things are for those who want to develop their own OpenFOAM-solver or utility
- Conventions and Style: How to write your code.
- Structure of the src-directory: What can be found where in the src-directory
- Code snipplets: How common tasks are done with the classes OpenFOAM provides
These things help you to become a better Foamer.
- How-To do things: Articles about specific topics. For instance how to set up a specific kind of simulation
- Tips and Tricks: Short snipplets of information. How to make certain things work. What might be wrong if a certain solver doesn't converge. Articles from this section might be moved to the FAQ.
- Known Bugs: Things that are known not to work in the current release of OpenFOAM
- Tutorials: Step-By-Step explanations
2.2 User Pages
Who is using OpenFOAM and for what purposes.
- Users: Persons and Institutions that use OpenFOAM
- Special Interest Groups: Pages for certain fields
- Local User Groups: Pages for groups of ' Foamheads ' that are defined by geographical criteria (vicinity)
- Projects: Examples of projects that have used OpenFOAM (or are still using it)
Utilities, Solvers and Examples that people want to make available to the public.
- Solvers: Solvers based on OpenFOAM
- Utilities: Utilities contributed by users
- Examples: Example cases
- Papers: Papers about OpenFOAM (Theory, Practices etc)
- Other: Contributions that don't fit the above categories
3 Editor's Stuff
Please read this before editing this Wiki.
- Policy and conventions: If you want to add something to this Wiki please honor these guidelines.
- The basics of editing: Basic editing commands, extensions installed in this Wiki etc
- Testing site: if there is something that you want to try out: do it here