- Latest OpenFOAM version: 5.0 (26th of July 2017)
- Latest Foam-Extend version: 4.0 (22nd of December 2016)
- Latest OpenFOAM+ version: v1712 (31st December 2017)
- OpenFOAM Release Notes: 5.0 | 4.1 | 4.0 | 3.0.1 | 3.0.0 | 2.4.0 | 2.3.1 | 2.3.0 | 2.2.2 | 2.2.1 | 2.2.0 | 2.1.1 | 2.1.0 | 2.0.1 | 2.0.0 | 1.7.1 | 1.7.0 | 1.6 | 1.5 | 1.4.1 | 1.4 | 1.3 | 1.2 | 1.1 | 1.0
- Foam-extend Release Notes: 4.0 | 3.2 | 3.1 | 3.0
- OpenFOAM+ Release Notes: v1712 | v1706 | v1612+ | v1606+ | v3.0+
This Wiki collects information about the OpenSource CFD toolbox OpenFOAM and provides a platform for collaborations
There is a number of different flavours of OpenFOAM that are all based on the original FOAM-code. They are listed here in the order they were added to this page.
3.1 OpenFOAM (Foundation)
OpenFOAM by the OpenFOAM foundation
OpenFOAM+ by the ESI-OpenCFD
- Foundation and Advanced courses provided by OpenCFD and SGI.
- Essential and Applied courses provided by CFD Direct.
- Introductory and Advanced courses provided by Wikki and Gompute.
- User and Programming courses provided by Icon.
- Beginner, Advanced & Paraview training provided by move-csc.
- University courses for Industry at Chalmers Professional Education.
- Beginner, Advanced online training  provided by CadCae.
- Summary of Training Material for and around OpenFOAM (including list of meshing tools, Paraview hints, etc., see category '3_EulerianModels') provided by the NanoSim consortium.
- Screencasts and training material provided by TU Graz.
- Video tutorials on YouTube by József Nagy
- Wiki | Moving frame example | more
- Other | OS-CFD course
- OpenFOAM A Little User Manual by Gerhard Holzinger (links to OSCCAR-doc, an effort driven by PFM in Linz, Austria)
- OpenFOAM Basic Training by Institute of Chemical Engineering, TU Wien
- In case you want to record tutorials (i.e., screencasts), you can use the recordmydesktop software.
4.3 Unofficial User Guides
- Interface Guide Reference guide for all terms in the OpenFOAM text files.
- Main OFSolvers Overview and description of each solver.
- Wikipedia article | more
- Download | Download foam-extend | On Windows
- FAQ (long version) | Known bugs
5.1 Tips and Tricks
5.2 Other Tools
5.3 Tools on this Wiki
- Coding style and conventions
- The Sourceforge OpenFOAM-extend project provides
- Sources for foam-extend a community driven distribution with additional features
- a subversion repository for collaborative development
- Installation notes
- How to contribute
7 The page of the hour
This page was selected randomly from 16 selected articles:
7.1 Contrib gdbOF
gdbOF is an attachable to GNU debugger (gdb) tool that includes macros to debug OpenFOAM's solvers and applications in an easier way.
If you think an article is worth featuring see this article
9.2 Active sites
9.3 Commercial Companies
- CFD support
- FSD blueCAPE Lda
- DHCAE Tools
- CFD Direct
- silentdynamics GmbH
Date: 2018/06/24 Location: Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
The Workshop Committee would like to invite you to the 13th International OpenFOAM® Workshop to be held at Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China, from June 24-29 2018
|Start of Event||2018/06/24|
|End of Event||2018/06/29|
|Location||Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China|
11 December, 2017 in Leoben, Austria
The OpenFOAM User Meeting 15 in Leoben is scheduled for Monday, December 11, 2017 (9:00 a.m. - 16:30 p.m.)
It will take place at this address:
Seminarraum Eisen Metallurgiegebäude 2.OG University of Leoben Franz-Josef Strasse 18 8700 Leoben Austria
See full article for a map with directions
For participation please contact Alexander Vakhrushev: alexander.vakhrushev at unileoben.ac.at
13 Summary of the PFAU 15 Meeting
I would like to thank all participants and especially the presenters! It is always a pleasure to meet you all. Our geography now extended till Tirol! We had different topics but with common interests in the multiphase, turbulence and heat transfer modeling. The general OpenFOAM topics were presented, as well as a comparison of the modeling and the experimental work.
At the BoF session the Tutorial Collection was discussed. A possibility of the OpenFOAM Tutorial Subforum at the CFD-Online was considered. These actions will be continued.
For the authors of the tutorial materials it would be valuable to fill in the "Further Reading" section.
It was also suggested to possibly add validation cases in the Tutorial and mark them with a corresponding flag.
OpenFOAM version compatibilities are still an issue, and many user stressed that they have to keep their solver with the old releases (e.g. 2.3x) to make their code running.
It was reminded to subscribe to the Austrian User Group Mailing list to stay up-to-day with Community activities.
Looking to see you next time!
You can check the available presentations at the following link:
15 Next Meeting
Beforehand the next PFAU is planned for the summer time 2018 and will be held in Linz. Please follow the announcements.
Date: 2017/07/06 Location: Address: 8010 Graz, Inffeldgasse 21a Room: IMEG 140
The OpenFOAM User Meeting v. 14 will take place at the Virtual Vehicle in Graz. All Foamers or anyone who is interested are welcome. If you want to participate or need further information please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Start of Event||2017/07/06|
|End of Event||2017/07/06|
|Location|| Address: 8010 Graz, Inffeldgasse 21a
Room: IMEG 140
Date: 2017/07/24 Location: University of Exeter, Great Britain, Europe
The Workshop Committee would like to invite you to the 12th International OpenFOAM® Workshop to be held at University of Exeter, Great Britain, Europe, from July 24-July 27, 2017.
|Start of Event||2017/07/24|
|End of Event||2017/07/27|
|Location||University of Exeter, Great Britain, Europe|
See the full article for details
Date: 2016/10/12 Location: Cologne, Germany
If you want to add a news item go to this form